Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD Coverage

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is it not reasonable to expect some sort of constructive criticism? along the lines of "until they do something about......" or, "they need to address the lack of...........................................
Ffs! Aren't there enough people doing that already? - all here on NSC!

......although on reflection, I'm not sure that the criticism has been constructive!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pah!

Who wants to watch us lose again. I'll tune in when we win or draw a game.

Sore loser.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
That Football League how was even worse - no mention of us at all, and not even the usual 13 seconds of highlights.........

Actually, that's not true. We were mentioned explicitly in the Cardiff game as being interested in Kenneth Zohore, as "Premier League interest" as well. Which still sounded good. :lol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We're going to win maybe 4 or 5 games this season, and possibly draw 10.

And you make that assessment after just TWO games? Come on show some faith and give the lads a chance. Did anyone ever thing this season was going to be anything other than a struggle to survive? We'll probably have a better idea of how things may pan out in a couple of months or so.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We're going to win maybe 4 or 5 games this season, and possibly draw 10.

Were you saying the same at the start of last season when we picked up 8 points from a possible 18?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Think you have it the wrong way round.
[MENTION=19156]warmleyseagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=13683]Cowfold Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=33845]Johnny RoastBeef[/MENTION]

25 points is more than Sunderland got last season.

I'm not being defeatest in the slightest. Just realistic. Of course I hope we stay up. But we are not going to win or draw as many games as we have become accustomed to. And I suspect the squad know this and are preppared for it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
When it comes to the motd post match analaysis last night, god bless Gary lineker and his blatant Leicester bias.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmmm. The bits they picked out on Maguire were pretty impressive - wonder how nobody seemed to notice him being that good at Hull last season? Well done, Leicester recruitment team, perhaps.

LCFC would be far greater payers, having billionaire owners and being an established PL club.

A £17 transfer fee and £80k per week wages, for a defender. We're quite simply not in that league.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3801100/leicester-harry-maguire-20-8m-five-year-contract/

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm pretty sure anyone who watched Premier League football last season would have known he's a decent defender, albeit not good enough for a top club. Leicester have hardly unearthed a hidden gem as you suggest.

Exactly. PL watchers knew that. The same for the LB Robertson, who also shone in that mediocre Hull team and was snapped up by Liverpool. If we saw it, then scouts and managers knew it before us.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
Ffs! Aren't there enough people doing that already? - all here on NSC!

......although on reflection, I'm not sure that the criticism has been constructive!

I just think it is disrespectful to whatever team it is - not just us - not to make any comment on them at all. Even a "What about Brighton?" "They've got a lot of work to do" would be better than nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here