Quinn - Bellend
Jim White - OK, but likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much
Hawksbee & Jacobs - superb. They work so well together
Durham - I like him
Gough - Slight bellend but OK
Danny Kelly - talks too much
Goldstein - Bellend
Cundy - MASSIVE bellend
Robyn Schonhofer - Delightful, as [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will confirm

Oh yes

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
2 of the most unintentionally funny pieces of Talk sport recently were :

1. Ray Parlour on Brexit. ''We can do deals with your China's, Your Australia's''
2. Brazil and Brown discuss North Korea 'For me, the boy needs to calm down a bit' Shame it didn't last a bit longer along these lines :

'You know, North Korea might be new to this Nuclear warhead league but I don't think they are ready to take on the Americans'
'That's right Al, USA have got some great form here, they literally blew the Japanese away in the 1940's'
'I think the boy is looking at Guam as an easy fixture but, for me, they might be asking for trouble in the away league'
'With all due respect to the North Koreans, they need more experience at this level'
'And what's this communism all about, I don't get it'
'Mind you Al, Un's Dad was great at Golf, went round in 10 under I hear'
'Aye, I've always wanted to play Pyongyang National. There's a lovely Champagne bar there too'

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I never thought anyone could ever top the legendary Ronnie Irani for dire punditary on the radio but in Mickey Quinn they have done just that. You have to applaud talksport for promoting equal opportunities employment :moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have no real opinion on Alan Brazil. Except for the fact that I would love to beat the fat, purple-headed, bloated, drunken, ignorant freeloading scotch gimp into a coma with a garden rake.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I never thought anyone could ever top the legendary Ronnie Irani for dire punditary on the radio but in Mickey Quinn they have done just that. You have to applaud talksport for promoting equal opportunities employment :moo:

I still think Irani might have the edge on him. I (with shame) admit to having read Quinn's autobiography (which at least has the half decent title 'Who Ate all the Pies?') but I believe that Irani's masterpiece is rated by many as the worst sports book of all time.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
talkSport is still Marmite to me. The presenters fall into two very different categories:

Great:

Paul Hawksbee - Genius, love him and wish I could go to a game and the pub with him;
Andy Jacobs - Obnoxious at times but works well with Hawksbee - I still love the show;
Durham - I like him as he does have an excellent knowledge of lower league football and he is actually more intelligent than allowed to let on for the character he portrays on his show;
Danny Kelly - Love him, entertaining and great knowledge of sport and music, I could listen to him all day;
Ian Danter - Brilliant, need more of him;
Bob Mills, Perry Groves, Steve Bunce, Danny Murphy, Steve Harmison are all good bit part co-presenters.

Terrible:

Brazil - Massive CJTC - shocking broadcaster and should have been sacked after his disgraceful comments about mental health when Michael Yardy was reported as ill;
Quinn - Huge CJTC - Never met him but I hate him;
Parlour - Dreadful grasp of English and not the sharpest tool. Quite likeable and has the odd funny story from his playing days but really shouldn’t be on the radio;
Jim White - Gets good guests but far too self-obsessed, annoying, hypocritical and loud!;
Gough - Just dreadful, thick and ignorant - awful broadcaster;
Goldstein and Cundy - Un-listenable;
The Two Mikes - Un-listenable;
Mark Saggers - I thought he was better than this but he seems to have lowered himself to match some of his colleagues and I can't listen to him these days.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I still think Irani might have the edge on him. I (with shame) admit to having read Quinn's autobiography (which at least has the half decent title 'Who Ate all the Pies?') but I believe that Irani's masterpiece is rated by many as the worst sports book of all time.

I'm sure both books are riveting reads :moo: and would probably be more entertaining than watching an end of season mid table face off between Stoke and West Brom. Irani knew he was a buffoon. Mickey Quinn is a buffoon but thinks a lot higher of himself. I have him down as ill informed, provocative, biased and generally full of sh*t!!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'm sure both books are riveting reads :moo: and would probably be more entertaining than watching an end of season mid table face off between Stoke and West Brom. Irani knew he was a buffoon. Mickey Quinn is a buffoon but thinks a lot higher of himself. I have him down as ill informed, provocative, biased and generally full of sh*t!!

Fair play. But I should refer you to my own book, 'De-constructing Ronnie Irani: The Role of the Insignificant Other in Populist Sport Broadcasting' available at all good booksellers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here