Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficial: Newcastle v Villa

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
They owe themselves a favour Villa, they've been woeful. They have some excellent players though, some of the best individuals in the division in theory, and a game at Newcastle is exactly the kind of game where they will step up and play like they oughtta.

Overall though I just can't see Newcastle failing to score past Villa's three man back-line led by Tommy Elphick, and their static wing-backs. Bruce actually looks out of his depth here - he's been at Wigan, Birmingham, Sunderland, Hull - this is the biggest club by a mile he's managed and the first where they expect good flowing football as a matter of course.

Steve in Japan

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
They owe themselves a favour Villa, they've been woeful. They have some excellent players though, some of the best individuals in the division in theory, and a game at Newcastle is exactly the kind of game where they will step up and play like they oughtta.

Overall though I just can't see Newcastle failing to score past Villa's three man back-line led by Tommy Elphick, and their static wing-backs. Bruce actually looks out of his depth here - he's been at Wigan, Birmingham, Sunderland, Hull - this is the biggest club by a mile he's managed and the first where they expect good flowing football as a matter of course.

It's been a while since they've seen good flowing football, to be fair to Bruce.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Bruce actually looks out of his depth here - he's been at Wigan, Birmingham, Sunderland, Hull - this is the biggest club by a mile he's managed and the first where they expect good flowing football as a matter of course.

There's probably a few Crystal Palace fans lurking that'll disagree with you on at least one of those points.

Brighton Mackem

Mar 12, 2013
South of Sunderland
:angry:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Villa seem to be better when they are underdogs when they pack the midfield and play for a draw so a boring 0-0 suits me fine

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lottery ticket money on 1-1 at 13/2.

Not that I think Villa are any good, but because I don't think Colback is as good as Hayden in central midfield for Newcastle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/38785776

Newcastle have got ten of their first choice XI starting. They have had unfair good luck with injuries all season. (I think I have wasted £2.)

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Latest 'hope-to-lose' acca; Newcastle, Huddersfield, Wednesday £2 @ 10-1

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lottery ticket money on 1-1 at 13/2.

Not that I think Villa are any good, but because I don't think Colback is as good as Hayden in central midfield for Newcastle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/38785776

Newcastle have got ten of their first choice XI starting. They have had unfair good luck with injuries all season. (I think I have wasted £2.)

You probably should have looked at the line ups, and also seen that Alan Hutton and Elphick are starting for Villa, before placing that bet

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Latest 'hope-to-lose' acca; Newcastle, Huddersfield, Wednesday £2 @ 10-1

Just gone for Newcastle and Huddersfield. Focussing my lack of gambling luck where it matters for the next couple of weeks.

Reading, Huddersfield and Newcastle for the weekend. That will really hurt if that comes in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here