Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor show BHAFC very poor show.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know I've lashed out recently when people haven't done their job properly. I'm sorry, I don't want to say too much.

But the woman on the end of the phone WAS doing her job properly. He knew about the free shirt, but didn't read the small print. Not her fault; not the club's fault. Rules are rules. He made a mistake – simple as that.

For a similar example, I'm currently trying to sort out a cross trainer that went wrong a few days after the warranty ran out. Am I expecting for it to be fixed for free? No. Have I got more serious things to deal with in my life? Yes. Am I going to kick up a fuss because I will probably have to pay for the cross trainer to be fixed? No.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have just called up the club to sign my darling daughter up to the Young Seagulls, i asked will she receive her replica shirt before her birthday.

Young Lady:Unfortunately you have missed the deadline.

ME: Whats is the deadline.

Young Lady:It's a month.

ME:I look at my watch (which has not been updated to today date, 30 day months!!) which reads the 9th and said i have missed it by one day, surely you can sort something out.

Young Lady:she replies two days actually.

ME: So because i am a bad father and not registered my daughter on Friday she will not receive a replica shirt.

Young Lady: That's right.

ME:
So we have a potential customer which could spend thousand over a lifetime with her dad and brother and wife and because i am 2 days late she can't have one.

Young Lady: That's right, rules are rules.

I am not even asking for it AFTER her birthday in fact nearly a MONTH before.

Is this POOR TRAINING in customer services or just LACK OF FORESIGHT from BHAFC?

SO fecked off with the club, there is a tipping point with all customers and because of that call so tempted to say goodbye after a paying customer of 40+ YEARS.

:angry:

How much is the replica shirt? I will happily buy the shirt for your daughter it's not that much of a deal, PM me and I'll send you the money!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not suggesting it as a negotiation strategy. I do think however that every jobsworth who looks down their noses at fans like they're something that they scraped off the bottom of their shoe, should as part of their induction have been made to sit through a one hour potted recent history of the club and the fans part in its survival - and by extension in the creation of the job that the jobsworth currently occupies.

I agree, perhaps a similar strategy could be employed for all new starters in public services showing the suffering that the customers suffer!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I have just called up the club to sign my darling daughter up to the Young Seagulls, i asked will she receive her replica shirt before her birthday.

Young Lady:Unfortunately you have missed the deadline.

ME: Whats is the deadline.

Young Lady:It's a month.

ME:I look at my watch (which has not been updated to today date, 30 day months!!) which reads the 9th and said i have missed it by one day, surely you can sort something out.

Young Lady:she replies two days actually.

ME: So because i am a bad father and not registered my daughter on Friday she will not receive a replica shirt.

Young Lady: That's right.

ME:
So we have a potential customer which could spend thousand over a lifetime with her dad and brother and wife and because i am 2 days late she can't have one.

Young Lady: That's right, rules are rules.

I am not even asking for it AFTER her birthday in fact nearly a MONTH before.

Is this POOR TRAINING in customer services or just LACK OF FORESIGHT from BHAFC?

SO fecked off with the club, there is a tipping point with all customers and because of that call so tempted to say goodbye after a paying customer of 40+ YEARS.

:angry:

This won't go down well, but didn't you have a whole year between one birthday and the next to organise this? Why blame the club when basically it is your own fault?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How much is the replica shirt? I will happily buy the shirt for your daughter it's not that much of a deal, PM me and I'll send you the money!

Can I take you up on that offer too? All my kids are already signed up to the Young Seagulls so have/will get a free shirt on their 7th Birthday. Would be massively unfair to miss out on this offer though just because I can get organised and register my lot in the 6 years and 11 months I had to do it. :jester:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Can I take you up on that offer too? All my kids are already signed up to the Young Seagulls so have/will get a free shirt on their 7th Birthday. Would be massively unfair to miss out on this offer though just because I can get organised and register my lot in the 6 years and 11 months I had to do it. :jester:
I too would like to take advantage of this offer please. As previously explained, my son was registered in time, but I didn't go to the club to collect within the time frame.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have just realised I'm pretty sure my daughter didn't get a free shirt on her 7th birthday despite being a junior seagull at the time. She did get her photo with BZ on the pitch at Withdean though after the free training session. I'm going to email to see if she could still have one, although as she's 22 now it might be a bit small

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

I too would like to take advantage of this offer please. As previously explained, my son was registered in time, but I didn't go to the club to collect within the time frame.

Would it be OK if I added my daughter to the list? It would be unfair that she would miss out just because she is in her thirties now and the offer wasn't around when she was young.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I suppose you could argue a case that anyone who has supported the Albion for 40 years deserves a free shirt!
:)

Yes of course you could, but human nature being as it is, the club would doubtless have hundreds if not thousands of new fans all having been keen followers for 40 years. They have to draw the line somewhere.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Would it be OK if I added my daughter to the list? It would be unfair that she would miss out just because she is in her thirties now and the offer wasn't around when she was young.

I'll take one if there's a spare too. Not for either of my kids - I did the decent Dad thing and bought them one each in the Summer, but for me. I couldn't decide which shirt to get, if indeed I actually wanted one. Happy to meet at the Amex on Saturday or Tuesday to collect.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll take one if there's a spare too. Not for either of my kids - I did the decent Dad thing and bought them one each in the Summer, but for me. I couldn't decide which shirt to get, if indeed I actually wanted one. Happy to meet at the Amex on Saturday or Tuesday to collect.

Although my daughter got one, my son didn't, despite having little interest in football. Can you get him one as well. He's 14 (so you can get the correct size). He does actually have Albion shirts that I've bought him over the years, but it's the principle of the thing.

Edit - that comment was directed at the person you quoted - messed that up!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Happy to meet at the Amex on Saturday or Tuesday to collect.
Chicken Run hasn't offered to go to the shop, he's just transferring us the money.

Chicken Run, I’m putting together a list for you, to make it easier. Current list:
Mouldy Boots
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo
Triggaaar
Everest
Bozza
Papa Lazarou

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Chicken run hasn't offered to go to the shop, he's just transferring us the money.

Chicken Run, I’m putting together a list for you, to make it easier. Current list:
Mouldy Boots
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo
Triggaaar
Everest
Bozza
Papa Lazarou
I'd also like to get in on this, in preparation for my son turning 7 in a few years time.

Without it I'm bound to forget it's coming, try and blag the shirt when the deadline has passed, fail, then start a thread here moaning about it. No-one wants to see that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Chicken Run hasn't offered to go to the shop, he's just transferring us the money.

Mouldy Boots
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo
Triggaaar
Everest
Bozza
Papa Lazarou

Add my grandson to the list he's 6 months ...so maybe one that he can grow into ..plus i'd like one of those lovely black away shirts for myself

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Imagine the tone of the replies if the OP was a 1901 member! :wrong::angry::flounce::rant:

D

Deleted member 2719

After a night to review my thoughts. (as thread was started after minutes of being told no chance sonny)

Thank you for all you kind words they do mean a lot to me...............................NOT.

Just to confirm i do take responsibility of not meeting the deadline which i did not know of. (although that deadline surely needs reviewing, does it really take 30 days to order /deliver a shirt 30 odd miles away?)

My daughter IMO is at the right age to want to come to matches so i felt i had no need to join this before as when my son joined the only thing that turned his head was the Free shirt.

This is all about how i feel and how i have been dealt with as a CUSTOMER.

I had a business for 15 years and always said to my staff, look after your customers and they will look after you. Even if you don't agree with them or think they are trying it on, try not to show it, evaluate the situation, speak to me if needed but at the end of the day use common sense.

Common sense will always win IMO.

My rules for customer service are:

Empathy
Evaluate
Never promise
Deliver if the customer is a valued one.

Young Lady: Has said:
NO
NO
Two days not one day overdue.

My opinion as a customer is:

Stop my revenue going to said supplier and spend else where.

Do i feel valued ? about as much as dog poo on your shoe.

Am i bothered of course i am bothered i want to support TB for picking our club up out of the ditch and sticking back on firm ground.

Surely the club will want valuable feed back? It's up to them if they act on it, this is just my feelings.

Yes i wear my heart on my sleeve and i ain't about to change now, poor customer service is my big bug bear.

I will anticipate your warm replies. :bigwave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just to confirm i do take responsibility of not meeting the deadline which i did not know of. (although that deadline surely needs reviewing, does it really take 30 days to order /deliver a shirt 30 odd miles away?)

:
Why aren't you getting this.

The 30 days isn't time to 'sort out the paper work'.

The, well publicized, 30 days is to guarantee the shirts go to supporters and members, not freeloaders who just pop up when a birthday is around the corner.

I think most of us are amazed it's only 30 days and not 3, 6 or 12 months.

#teamclub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here