Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammers HAMMERED

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I went this evening, great stadium for sure, huge crowd, lethargic performance by a side that looked like it just didn't care. No stand out performances IMO, not a lot of strength in depth for WHU.

Apprently there was trouble in the crowd?

West Ham fans fighting each other

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Video been on fb since yesterday, a west ham fan punching a foreigner. Nothing to see there really.
None of their targets will join without european football, Carroll out for 4 weeks, Ayew 12 weeks, Payet had no pre season, mid table for them.

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I got half excited to see Darlington in National League North with 10 points in 4 matches (same as Huddersfield) then I noticed that they were in 6th place being one match less played then 4 sides with 5 matches all 3 wins,2 draws, 11 points. As in sex I got too excited too early. Good so far but with still much to prove.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I saw four separate instances with fans having a ding dong with each other and the stewards going in to break it up.

Not sure how it will pan out in the long run at the stadium but we had one of those fans who can only say **** **** piss shit etc sat right behind us, and he shouted all through the game, never anything to encourage the team, just Anglo Saxon vulgarity for 90 minutes. And two rows in front of us was a man who constantly shouted racist abuse at the Astra players. Along to our right were a small group of pissed up 20-30 year olds, one of whom was ejected for squaring up and gobbing off at another fan.

I think they need to do some organisation so that the more vociferous fans are accommodated in specific areas otherwise I can see it getting quite messy there in the future.

Sad Reek would no doubt believe this is the way football should be, and he's entitled to his opinion, whereas quite a few of us have realised, and appreciate, that football has moved on, quite a bit. Some of the behaviour I saw last night would have had you thrown out of many stadiums.

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I saw four separate instances with fans having a ding dong with each other and the stewards going in to break it up.

Not sure how it will pan out in the long run at the stadium but we had one of those fans who can only say **** **** piss shit etc sat right behind us, and he shouted all through the game, never anything to encourage the team, just Anglo Saxon vulgarity for 90 minutes. And two rows in front of us was a man who constantly shouted racist abuse at the Astra players. Along to our right were a small group of pissed up 20-30 year olds, one of whom was ejected for squaring up and gobbing off at another fan.

I think they need to do some organisation so that the more vociferous fans are accommodated in specific areas otherwise I can see it getting quite messy there in the future.

Sad Reek would no doubt believe this is the way football should be, and he's entitled to his opinion, whereas quite a few of us have realised, and appreciate, that football has moved on, quite a bit. Some of the behaviour I saw last night would have had you thrown out of many stadiums.

I do wonder if quite a few non West Ham fans will be attending games because of the cheap tickets, this would lead to an increase in incidents like above.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I do wonder if quite a few non West Ham fans will be attending games because of the cheap tickets, this would lead to an increase in incidents like above.

Possibly, though the general consensus amongst the fans I spoke to yesterday is that they need another 10,000 seats at least to service the massive fan base they have, what with 40,000 on the season ticket waiting list and every Premier League game sold out for the entire season. I have no axe to grind with Hammers fans, I went with two who are good friends yesterday, but there seemed to be a bit of delusional attitude about just how massive a club they are, have they never heard of sheffiled wednesday?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Possibly, though the general consensus amongst the fans I spoke to yesterday is that they need another 10,000 seats at least to service the massive fan base they have, what with 40,000 on the season ticket waiting list and every Premier League game sold out for the entire season. I have no axe to grind with Hammers fans, I went with two who are good friends yesterday, but there seemed to be a bit of delusional attitude about just how massive a club they are, have they never heard of sheffiled wednesday?

Haha!

When the novelty wears off I imagine they will be back down to the 40k mark

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I doubt they will EVER get to the level of LEEDS unless they can ADD another 250K seats to the OLYMPIC

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I used to quite like West Ham.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

West Ham have always had a pretty shitty knuckle-dragging fan base though. What's been posted comes as no surprise to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here