Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Pig

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
and a bit of chat about 'sweater meat' the other day and your sincerity seems a little shallow.

If [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] did use that phrase then his pious outburst on this thread does seem a bit hypocritical.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Alexander Carter-Silk is sent a connection request by Charlotte Proudman (for her own benefit, given that he is a solicitor and therefore capable of sending her work) in which he (stupidly and unnecessarily) complements her on a photo: she finds that objectifying and offensive, so publishes it to the world, claiming that his behaviour was not simply inappropriate flirtation but outright misogyny. She has blown it out of all proportion. A short message stating 'I am on LinkedIn for business purposes and would prefer to avoid comments about my appearance' would have been a much more measured response. Or you know, she could have just removed the bloody connection.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] did use that phrase then his pious outburst on this thread does seem a bit hypocritical.

Yep. I used that phrase. As a joke on a public forum. I did not direct it an individual on here and I did not PM someone with it. A vast difference. I know that there are about 4 users on here that deliberately trawl threads looking for my posts and regardless of the thread title will get personal about me. You are one of them. I suggest you turn it in, it's very dull for me and for the other users I imagine. Nice try but no nibbling today ya dafty.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Alexander Carter-Silk is sent a connection request by Charlotte Proudman (for her own benefit, given that he is a solicitor and therefore capable of sending her work) in which he (stupidly and unnecessarily) complements her on a photo: she finds that objectifying and offensive, so publishes it to the world, claiming that his behaviour was not simply inappropriate flirtation but outright misogyny. She has blown it out of all proportion. A short message stating 'I am on LinkedIn for business purposes and would prefer to avoid comments about my appearance' would have been a much more measured response. Or you know, she could have just removed the bloody connection.

I don't feel sorry for him in his £500 + per hour job. On that wage he shouldn't be making stupid mistakes. He looks like a right arogant creep in his photo.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Unbelievable, it seems to me the more and more people are using social media as a court room where they are judged and convicted by people who are not in possession of the full facts. Two supposedly professional people, one makes a comment, the other uses social media to judge and ridicule him. There were other avenues for her to pursue to make her point. The worrying trend for me is that more and more people are using social media to air their grievances

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Assuming that last point was aimed at my comments, I have zero sympathy for the guy. My gut instinct is he's known for being a bit of a sleazebag and this isn't his first offence so to speak. Equally, he might be a perfectly well to do respectable type who logged on after a few pints at lunchtime and will likely lose his job and possibly his marriage through all this, which I don't think anyone deserves if it's just a mad moment.

If he'd said "I'd love to give you a good rogering" or words to that effect then yeah fair game, out him. As it stands, it's hard to judge because his comments were worded under a guise of politeness even if LinkedIn isn't the right place to do it.

The picture of their private email conversation that she then published onto Twitter for the world to see shows that he replied at 09.16hrs a.m yesterday - i.e. stone cold sober.

She said in interview with the BBC that she replied "within minutes" but again, the Twitter picture shows her reply was at 17.58pm yesterday. She'll probably argue she didn't see the reply until she logged on at the end of the day, but in this day and age is that really likely, especially as she is a big Twitter user?

This woman is a nasty piece of work.

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I don't feel sorry for him in his £500 + per hour job. On that wage he shouldn't be making stupid mistakes. He looks like a right arogant creep in his photo.

More like £300/hour for a partner in a Solicitors firm. Barristers £600/hour plus. Ironic that you've just made a comment on his photo, as he did on hers. Which is more offensive? ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
She's mental, and a bit ugly.

Someone tweet her that! Silly moo.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'll just add this..

Who actually gives a sh*t?

As someone's posted its scary how things can blow up on the internet nowadays.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The picture of their private email conversation that she then published onto Twitter for the world to see shows that he replied at 09.16hrs a.m yesterday - i.e. stone cold sober.

She said in interview with the BBC that she replied "within minutes" but again, the Twitter picture shows her reply was at 17.58pm yesterday, so at the end of her working day when she'd had almost 9 hours to canvas opinion among friends and weigh up the pros and cons of the opportunity that had fallen into her lap.

This woman is a nasty piece of work.
Given that the majority of her tweets prior to the incident related to feminist issues, including using the hashtag #radicalfeminism, I'd say that she would've been absolutely delighted to have finally received something that made her a victim of so-called sexism.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
She's clearly intelligent and knew she would risk a backlash so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and saying I reckon she cares about what he did and I think he deserves it for being a sexist knob.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This one is pretty sexy:

tumblr_inline_mxakroTIvC1qcfsc4.jpg

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If this kind of thing is seriously "upsetting" people with everything else going on in the world then I seriously think it's time for a re-evaluation!

The whole thing is a non starter and women comment on guys in all contexts in exactly the same manner. If anything it's an issue with professionalism, certainly not sexism!

What about if a bloke said to his mate/collegue "Looking hot in this pic geeza"? Would he be classed as a gay predator? Its all bullshit political correctness gone wrong and can't believe people still buy into it...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here