Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking forward to seeing over 1,000 fans at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
As I said on another thread it ends up as an Elite list for away games as the gap gets wider with every away game going to Highest points holders
The gap will get greater every game and every season now as there is no way the Club will scrap the system
The need for tickets for away games won't calm down all the time we are in the top division and as someone else said also the fans who can get tickets will end up selling them to mates etc just to maintain there points at the top

I'm looking forward to relegation and Barnsley away with 1,000 in the away end

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That's a shame,and it wasn't aimed at that sort of fan, clearly,!!!!!that saying I have seen enough floating around on Facebook, Twitter etc over last few days,so anyone that really wanted to go,could of

I was bitten by that once. I " bought " tickets for a mate to see arsenal at Highbury for his birthday...we collected them at a ticket booth in London and went to the ground, presented them and was told that they were fake and we spent a hour in a office explaining how we got them and where etc etc. That was £60 I will never get back ...it was a lot of money in those days.

I have never bought resale tickets since.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I was bitten by that once. I " bought " tickets for a mate to see arsenal at Highbury for his birthday...we collected them at a ticket booth in London and went to the ground, presented them and was told that they were fake and we spent a hour in a office explaining how we got them and where etc etc. That was £60 I will never get back ...it was a lot of money in those days.

I have never bought resale tickets since.

I would think the amount of £10 fake B'mouth v BHA Milk Cup tickets floating around were pretty minimal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've been saying it for ages, the current loyalty scheme is an absolute crock of shit. Glad something like this has happened. Might make people realise how bad it is.

Tell the chairman.

Nothing wrong with it from my perspective forgetting one off like last night those that have been going for years are being rewarded and so they should be.

Didn't hear you moaning about Rotherham away last year. Glory hunters.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As I said on another thread it ends up as an Elite list for away games as the gap gets wider with every away game going to Highest points holders
The gap will get greater every game and every season now as there is no way the Club will scrap the system
The need for tickets for away games won't calm down all the time we are in the top division and as someone else said also the fans who can get tickets will end up selling them to mates etc just to maintain there points at the top

I'm looking forward to relegation and Barnsley away with 1,000 in the away end

Not an elite, but those that have been loyal, no special treatment, no back handers, just more loyal, spending hard earned dosh to follow through thick and THIN.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not an elite, but those that have been loyal, no special treatment, no back handers, just more loyal, spending hard earned dosh to follow through thick and THIN.

I don't think that was the point [MENTION=152]Charlies Shinpad[/MENTION] was making. If in the most desirable high demand games no one gets any loyalty points, then those in the high loyalty points bands will stay there, no one will gain on them, they still retain their 'through thick and thin' well deserved margin. Their reward is getting tickets for the high profile fixtures. They stay ahead, but don't get further ahead. I think that is a fair enough point. If they continue to go to the Huddersfield and Swansea aways, then they will remain ahead of those less loyal so to speak.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That's not just a "tweak" though is it, although it may seem such to you.

It would involve every away club we visit having the capability and the resources to produce a file of all tickets scanned (I absolutely agree this should be relatively simple, technically). There is no indication that this has ever happened before for one club, let alone EVERY club. Even if every club could do this, the Albion then need to be able to resource the process of updating points based on the files received. Can our ticketing system facilitate this easily.

Finally if, as has been suggested, the club allocated points for the home Cup game against Barnet then that suggests there is little appetite to police this as home game attendance should be considerably easier to manage than an away game.

Not my field, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a data protection issue around away clubs giving BHAFC ticket scanning data. At no point in the process is the data BHAFC's, imo. When they sell the tickets, they're acting as an agent for the away club.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Dorset police tweeted there were 652 Brighton fans tonight, when over 1300 tickets were sold.
700 people cheated their fellow fans.
Wow. So did people really buy tickets just for the loyalty points? Incredible.

If that's the case, when people go on about the 'financial insanity' of modern football it's worth remembering it's not just TV money and agents' fees.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think Manchester United operate this system on home games; to the point if you fail to turn up to a set number of games you can have your season ticket rescinded.

That's in place at the Albion too - for kid's tickets, at least.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think people are dreaming up a problem that probably isn't there again...

You reckon? \/\/\/\/

Dorset police tweeted there were 652 Brighton fans tonight, when over 1300 tickets were sold.
700 people cheated their fellow fans.

As annoying as it is, I actually don't blame the fans who bought the tickets for the points.

It's the club and their ill thought out loyalty system that should be answering questions here.

Sorry, but that's horseshit. Whatever the pros and cons of the system, 600+ supposed Albion fans, paid £10 for tickets they had no intention of using, and didn't give a flying fvck if that denied attendance to people who actually wanted to be there supporting the team. They are absolute tosspots.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When we came back to Brighton in 1999 those of us who sent in tickets which were handed to us when we attended games at Priestfield (look it up) were given priority when buying season tickets for Withdean. Perhaps a simple and similar process could be adopted in cases like last night.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Much preferred the days when I used to send my Nan to queue up around into Old Shoreham Road from the crack of dawn with instruction written out for her....

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
You reckon? \/\/\/\/

Sorry, but that's horseshit. Whatever the pros and cons of the system, 600+ supposed Albion fans, paid £10 for tickets they had no intention of using, and didn't give a flying fvck if that denied attendance to people who actually wanted to be there supporting the team. They are absolute tosspots.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Much preferred the days when I used to send my Nan to queue up around into Old Shoreham Road from the crack of dawn with instruction written out for her....

Me too. My Mum used to queue for ages sometimes and never told me she had.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

I've been through thick and thin and now living in Devon makes it even more expensive but I'm still a STH but didn't renew last season as Sky basically ruled our season at home so I did a fair few away games

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I know a friend of a friend who recently has been in trouble for buying student tickets when not a student for away games, the club have since retrospectivly gave him a warning and removed the loyalty points for the games he brought student tickets for and then removed a further 75 points from him.

So the club can take action however they need to prove it first.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know a friend of a friend who recently has been in trouble for buying student tickets when not a student for away games, the club have since retrospectivly gave him a warning and removed the loyalty points for the games he brought student tickets for and then removed a further 75 points from him.

So the club can take action however they need to prove it first.

I read somewhere that people buying student tickets are now required to have their student card scanned and provided to the club for them to keep on file as proof of their entitlement to discounted tickets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here