Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're gonna win the league!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Mood changed to complete positive today, after having doubts prior to the Norwich & Brizzle games.
We will do it against massive Villa & that trophy will be on the bus!

Come on Brighton, you can do it lads! :albion2::albion2::albion2:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just have a feeling that the players might want to prove a point to Calderwood. Yes I know he apparently left for family reasons, but still an incentive, (if any more were needed).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just have a feeling that the players might want to prove a point to Calderwood. Yes I know he apparently left for family reasons, but still an incentive, (if any more were needed).

They should have proven that point by beating Norwich and Bristol City. I don't know if they have the mental strength to lift themselves. Plus Hughton has to put out his strongest team right from the start-his team selections for the last 2 games have cost us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I want us to - I really do. I want to see our bearded wizard hold that trophy above his head in front of adoring thousands.

I'm less than convinced that I will see that though...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I want us to - I really do. I want to see our bearded wizard hold that trophy above his head in front of adoring thousands.

I'm less than convinced that I will see that though...

They have had 2 goes to go down in Albion history-I'm like you, not convinced they will at Villa.

Big occasions seem to get to them.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Would hope so. But then I had hoped and expected that they would want to make a point to the owner, the manager, the fans and the rest of English football on Saturday. And be presented with the trophy in front of their adoring fans.

Clearly they didn't - which was a great disappointment to us all. Hopefully we will see a transformation on Sunday with far more effort and application from the players. The job's not done yet!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Am I right in assuming that Colin Calderwood is eligible for a Championship winner’s medal? Is he secretly hoping for an Albion win? Should the Albion players do it for Colin?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We are Brighton and one thing is certain we never do things the easy way, it was in the cards that Bristol would win on Saturday as payback for the play off finals.

We left things until the final day 20 years ago and the omens are good for Sunday...

We will win on Sunday and lift the trophy

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
By August and that first game in the TOP division of English Football, I won't care if we finished first or second in the Championship.

Completely treating it as a "nice to have". The bit I was stressing about, feeling sick about, continuously doing stupid predictors and calculations about has been achieved and I'm still on cloud 9 about it.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Villa fans on Twitter are largely resigned to us absolutely battering them. Which is weird because that was how I felt about us shortly after the final whistle on Saturday.

Met three Bristol City fans on Friday night and they were sure we would batter them. That didn't quite pan out how we would have liked. :down:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Villa are there for the taking, they are on the beach

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
We are Brighton and one thing is certain we never do things the easy way, it was in the cards that Bristol would win on Saturday as payback for the play off finals.

We left things until the final day 20 years ago and the omens are good for Sunday...

We will win on Sunday and lift the trophy

All of this.

"We never do things the easy way". The last two seasons, we've definitely not done things the usual "Brighton way" - i.e. lose to the teams we should beat, and beat the teams that no-one expects us to win against.

Not many (apart from Villa fans it appears) are giving us a chance on Sunday, but time and time again this season we have recovered, and surprised a few. Sunday will be another one of those. Another QPR or Wolves performance please.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Also, a good omen for Sunday? Twice this season we've had back-to-back league defeats, and then followed up with a win. We can get the hat-trick this weekend:

Lost to Newcastle (A) and Brentford (H) - then beat Huddersfield (H)

Lost to Newcastle (H) and Forest (A) - then beat Rotherham (A)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here