Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Simeone

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Bellend of the highest order hated him ever since his ridiculous " I was shot " by Beckham incident .

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It was strange tuning in straight after the European Rugby Final and watching the cards dished out for indiscipline. It take some adjusting. When Sergio Ramos was booked, I couldn't work out why, all he did was a simple shove with his chest. Had that been after an incident in the Rugby he would have simply been told to 'leave it and walk away'.

The funniest incident I ever had, after having watched a Rugby match, was coming to the AMEX shortly after for the Blackpool game. A long defensive clearance from a Blackpool defender went into touch at the half way line. I thought to myself how smart the kick was and expected the players to run across for the line-out. :facepalm:

Imagine the confusion my poor little brain would have if Mr Warnock was appointed manager....

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
He'll probably be tossing a coin with Clement in the bar right now over who takes the Brighton job. Hopefully he'll lose, i don't want someone i don't personally like running the club.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What is wrong with a manager showing passion?

I don't see the problem with that either, he has taken an unfavoured side in Spain to the league title and a couple of minutes away from winning the final of the champions league on a budget equal to Fulhams. He has also got his players playing for him and also showing passion, as one said before the match, if Simone asked them to jump off a bridge, they would.

Do you think that they would have had anywhere near the success they have had this seaon with a sedate manager in charge [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He deliberately got Beckham sent off (well helped a lot by diving like a cheat). Glad he lost tonight & made himself look a ****.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Some people on here say they would not like Simeone as our manager. In your dreams. He is one of the hottest managers in europe and won't be coming our way any time soon. He has won the Spanish league, smashing the duopoly, and came that close to the double.
He also did it on a smaller budget than QPR.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
An off the ball kick? Beckham has taken responsibility for that, I suggest others move on. It's been 16 years... Christ, I'm old. 16 years!?

Simone admitted making a meal of it. He seems very embarrassed when reminded of the incident as it didn't do his Hardman of football image any good. Typical South American, lock him in a room on his own and he'll end up having an argument! That said he did Madrid and Barcelona in liga which should be commended. Athletico were just too cynical for me and his historonics were embarrassing. Excellent manager but a liability.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Don't forgive him for 1998 still.

You don't forgive him for being the recipient of the most pathetic, petulant act in the history of the England football team?

What would you be saying now had it been exactly the same but the other way around and been Beckham doing the dying swan act?

Did Simeone make a meal of it? Yes. Was Beckham a thick **** for doing it in the first place? Equally, yes.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You don't forgive him for being the recipient of the most pathetic, petulant act in the history of the England football team?

What would you be saying now had it been exactly the same but the other way around and been Beckham doing the dying swan act?

Did Simeone make a meal of it? Yes. Was Beckham a thick **** for doing it in the first place? Equally, yes.

Totally this.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
haha

it makes you wonder which is more pathetic and petulant, beckhams kick out at him, or still holding a grudge after 16 years

Says a man who hasn't the cojones to hold a grudge against anyone....or do you?

Those of us there in St Etienne will always recall this day and quite rightly think poorly of DS. Why not?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
So glad he got the league title. They had a storming season and almost lost it at the death

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here