Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] James Wilson

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Provided he wasnt the only striker that we signed and was seen as a squad member to add depth to the squad rather than a first choice why not?

Sorry I mistook his age and thought that he was 20 at the moment but on checking he is 21 and is 22 in December so the answer would be no as he would take a squad place in the 25 named so we would have no vacancy to accomodate him

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
James Wilson is considering a loan deal in January, he did OK for us before he got ill, hopefully now fully recovered, is he worth considering as we now have space for another loan. I think he's worth a go as alternative to Baldock, be good to get in a striker of our own as well.

Link?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great improvement on what we have got if fully fit. Needs to play in championship . If he does well consider him then

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry I mistook his age and thought that he was 20 at the moment but on checking he is 21 and is 22 in December so the answer would be no as he would take a squad place in the 25 named so we would have no vacancy to accomodate him

Indeed.

I'd imagine that we are already looking at freeing up two squad places, for a couple of quality January reinforcements. Things can change quickly, but right now I'd say Skalak and Murphy are those most likely to be making way. I'm not sure there's anyone else in the current 25 we could afford to be without.

(Maybe Sidwell if perhaps his injury turns out to be longer term than expected).

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There’s a player in there with quality. We saw it in glimpses pre-illness when he was here. But based on the duration of his loan, and his lack of substance since, it would be a no from me.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Wilson also severely struggled with Derby when on loan there before his season ending injury last season. Despite him showing so much promise originally and all the talk of him achieving great things, it now definitely feels like he's in the last chance saloon. He needs to leave United, drop down the leagues and rebuild his career.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Despite not being fully fit or well when he played sometimes, wouldn't ever have him back - far too lightweight not enough effort showed no passion to speak of - body language not right - No!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'll struggle to ever make it as a reliable striker even in the Championship.

Redcafe threads about Wilson gave up on him ages ago. At one point, he was the golden boy of their youth system.

Read somewhere that a former coach suggested he thought he had made it a couple of years ago and basically just stopped doing the basics and believed the publicity, whilst failing to keep putting in the effort.

Here it is

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-manchester-united-coach-warren-9714757

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'd team up well with Ulloa and Barnes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
1xrvpe.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For one thing, because you can't simply 'add depth to the squad'. He's not U21, so would need to be named in the 25 man squad, along with the other striker(s) you're expecting. Who are you leaving out to make room for Wilson's non-contribution?

It's strange how only you mentioned JW wasn't available as an under 21.

Do you have a little sideline as an 'alibi provider'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here