Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brace yourselves over Stokes...

LVGull

May 13, 2016
New video online of Stokes mocking Katie Prices daughter Harvey. Check out The Sun website (if you want to). Poor old Ben is getting hit for six atm.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Only just seen video.
Stokes is a f**king idiot, I hope he gets everything he deserves thrown at him.
It pratts like this, that the younger generation of sports beginners will deem is the responsible way to act.
Absolutely mad :angry:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do me a favour. Anything to keep you post count rising

Not at all as I dont care about my post count its only other who worry about it but my point is had you and others like you not mentioned it nobody would have been any the wiser so you did him no favours, whether it be by design or not.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not at all as I dont care about my post count its only other who worry about it but my point is had you and others like you not mentioned it nobody would have been any the wiser so you did him no favours, whether it be by design or not.

Utter crap. We live in a digital age. This sort of thing will go viral every single time, and will be massive news whether you choose to talk about it or not.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Only just seen video.
It pratts like this, that the younger generation of sports beginners will deem is the responsible way to act.

My son played cricket for Yorkshire (U10s) this season. He LOVES cricket and Stokes is one of his favourite players. I can assure you that neither he nor any of his cricket mates think that brawling in the street at 2.30 am is "the responsible way to act". He just thinks that Stokes has been a prat and hopes he still plays in the Ashes (as do I).

This role model stuff is massively overplayed. He's clearly been a dick but it shouldn't affect his sports career because kids might think it's OK to do the same. Provided their parents teach them right from wrong then what Ben Stokes does isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

Also, it was deemed fine to have a serial philandering, prostitute shagging, pisshead smoker as England football captain until recently.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes, but not proud of it, as it was after battering a chap who hit me with a bottle in my pub in Midhurst. He was about 25 and took liberties after I asked him to leave for being a nuisance, because I was as he saw it an old man I was actually 53 years old.

WHY have we not had a thread from UNREST yet about the THYME he was BEETUN up by a pub landlord in MIDHURTS, when he was 25? :rant:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My son played cricket for Yorkshire (U10s) this season. He LOVES cricket and Stokes is one of his favourite players. I can assure you that neither he nor any of his cricket mates think that brawling in the street at 2.30 am is "the responsible way to act". He just thinks that Stokes has been a prat and hopes he still plays in the Ashes (as do I).

This role model stuff is massively overplayed. He's clearly been a dick but it shouldn't affect his sports career because kids might think it's OK to do the same. Provided their parents teach them right from wrong then what Ben Stokes does isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

Also, it was deemed fine to have a serial philandering, prostitute shagging, pisshead smoker as England football captain until recently.

You are right, it's just me sounding off.
I know most grounded kids will not act irresponsibly. :thumbsup:
As for shrek, well I think there has already been a thread about him :cool:

Basey

Jun 19, 2011
Bristol
Sorry if fixtures as only read first few (and last 2) pages. But........the guy who he started going for had a bottle in his hand and went to hit the guy with the gilet on. Not only can you see it but you can also hear the bottle drop when Stokes goes for him. Not condoning it entirely but it changes things if someone has a weapon. What would you do if someone was swinging a glass bottle at you and your mates? Think the two issues here are 1) Why were they out and getting into those situations on a Tuesday night at 2am (being professional sportsmen) and 2) Why did he not walk away when the little bottle-wielding coward seemed to be wanting to sprint off after seeing Stokes was an absolute beast?

On a side note - Hayles is always getting smashed out in Bristol. Saw him in Motion (warehouse nightclub) off his tits once with a bottle of champagne in his hand in the crowd - was jokes.

MS

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Incredibly you can still get 10/1 on Australia to win 5-0 this is amazing value. I've just lumped a monkey on it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Only just seen video.

I just find this kind of attitude tiresome. Whilst he has clearly been an idiot, He's a young bloke and he has a life away from cricket. How many of never effed up in our teens or twenties? A couple of moments of madness shouldn't ruin a young mans life and by the way, I have a ten year old who loves cricket and Stokes. The British media just loves to build a hero to shoot down. He will be harrangued for years now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I just find this kind of attitude tiresome. Whilst he has clearly been an idiot, He's a young bloke and he has a life away from cricket. How many of never effed up in our teens or twenties? A couple of moments of madness shouldn't ruin a young mans life and by the way, I have a ten year old who loves cricket and Stokes. The British media just loves to build a hero to shoot down. He will be harrangued for years now.

Hey it was only IMO.
I know we've all effed & jeffed in our youth, but to batter somebody so severe goes beyond the pale. :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
....I remember Botham getting absolutely flamed for allegedly shagging a former Miss Barbados and 'breaking a bed', and allegedly smoking a bit of dope, and liking a beer or two.

"Yes, I've hit the odd copper, yes, I've smoked the odd doobie, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats....etc"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here