Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ref 10 yds

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe that nobody has mentioned how he took 9 very small paces for 1 kick then for the next the crowd counted them out but after the tenth he took one back towards the ball then applied the lines. This is a from what is classed as a top ref.:facepalm:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Boring game by any chance?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I cannot believe that nobody has mentioned how he took 9 very small paces for 1 kick then for the next the crowd counted them out but after the tenth he took one back towards the ball then applied the lines. This is a from what is classed as a top ref.:facepalm:

:moo:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No, really.
He never managed to get the distance right all game.
The mowing pattern on the grass is in 6 yard squares. He was getting around 7 to 8 yards all day

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Perhaps they should use one of the laser level/measurer things? It could be sponsored by Homebase or someone.

We could have a hydration break while they do it (sponsored by Lucozade).

Barber and Sky would love it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps they should use one of the laser level/measurer things? It could be sponsored by Homebase or someone.

This is not a bad idea actually.....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have to say I laughed when he did the same for a one man 'wall'
I thought the same - he used foam for a 1 man wall.

The crowd counted out 10 yards at the Withdean, and the ref stopped at 9. I think our counting confused him, so he assumed we were trying to trick him, and stopped 1 earlier. Moral of the story - don't count them out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it too much to expect a ref to be able to count to 10 and to make 10 paces that resemble a yard each not 1/2 yd? They are now full time and paid accordingly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Simple really. They should have they're legs tied together, with exactly 1 yard length between their ankles.

Not only would that ensure walls were kept exactly ten yards from he ball, it would also provide the fans with endless amusement when they ere trying to keep up with the game.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why not use one of the NFL chains the 4th ref could run on with it, and with the ref stretch it out then put the foam line down.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Earlier in the game he ignored the most blatant backpass I have seen in many a season. I assume he bottled it as he didn't know hat to do with a free kick on the goal line.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I assume he bottled it as he didn't know hat to do with a free kick on the goal line.

Taken from the 6-yard line, innit

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I agree with [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

On one occasion he stepped out ten paces and realised the wall was in the right position so he moved them back and extra yard. This after doing a 9 pace measure the free kick previously

Maybe he had his legs re calibrated between the incidents?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

One of these, could hold cards, radio gear, spray, laser-measure, drink, spectacles, plumb-line, chain and spare flag in case of snappage.

Tool-belt.jpeg

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I'm for a stake in the ground with 10 yard rope & spray attached - ref most do a full circle & any opposition encroaching gets a yellow card

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here