Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Falmer Cup 5 a side Charity Tournament - North Stand Chat - 27th June 2015

WeAreTheSWC

Dec 5, 2013
Falmer
DUE TO AN OVERWHELMING RESPONSE ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS YEARS TOURNAMENT - thank you for your amazing support!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
DUE TO AN OVERWHELMING RESPONSE ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS YEARS TOURNAMENT - thank you for your amazing support!

How many teams entered?

WeAreTheSWC

Dec 5, 2013
Falmer
A lot more than the 16 we had room for! Sorry to those that have been left disappointed this time, we've notified those that have been unsuccessful

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
For anyone wondering, we have got a place in the 16 teams. I haven't received an email, so it's good to go!

If everyone playing for NSC can notify me in the next month whether they can/can't make a kick-about session sometime in May, it would be much appreciated.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I have spoken to a few, and they have said they can't make it. So we probably can't have a kickabout this year, but we are all good to go for the tournament. Sorry for not messaging everyone sooner.

Also, its £60 per team, and with 10 players its 6 quid each to bring. So just a heads up. I'll put all the details in a post later when I get them.

We have 13 players willing to play, with a max squad of 10. It's a first come first serve basis, so the ones who wanted to join first get a place in the team. If anyone says they can't play I'll open a space in the team for the people in reserve and let you know ASAP.

Here's the squad list, people below the line are in reserve:

SweatyMexican

Mowgli37

CzechMate - Goalie

The guy from Twitter

emphyrian - Goalie

Coach Carter

Dan Redman

Worthingite

Seagully

leigull

-----------------------------

jjtbha

Philzo-93

Wiggy Power - Goalie

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
A stellar squad that. With tournament experience in the side I fully expect us to romp home with the cup this year :thumbsup:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
A stellar squad that. With tournament experience in the side I fully expect us to romp home with the cup this year :thumbsup:

That's the spirit! :albion2:

WeAreTheSWC

Dec 5, 2013
Falmer
Falmer_Cup_2015_Fixtures.jpg
Falmer_Cup_2015_Fixtures2.jpg
Falmer_Cup_2015_Fixtures3.jpg

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Right, sorry it's been a while, but here's the tournament info sent out this morning.

Tournament Info

The fixtures are above this post, as I'm sure you've seen. (We haven't got WeAreBrighton in our group this year (Last year's winners, and they beat us in the semi last year) so thats a good start)

The first games kick-off at 1pm so lets get there for about 12:30 and have a kick about for a bit, our first match is at 1:10.

The Falmer Cup organisers introduced a 'play-off' competition for fun this year ensuring everyone gets to play a minimum of 6 games, even the teams finishing 3rd & 4th in their groups. We'll be playing all 8 games since we should have no trouble taking our place in the final.

The games will be 10 minutes, using standard 5-a-side rules and the pitches are 3G. We'll rotate constantly, last year we had 2 subs, but it really still wasn't enough, 5 this year should hopefully is plenty to help us through the 6 group games we'll play.

Dick Knight will be presenting the trophy to the winners at The Farmers Pub, South Street, Lancing at around 5.15pm. It would be great if you could join us there to enjoy a well earned drink!

Facilities

If you need to find Brighton's traning ground in Lancing, Google maps should have you covered.

The community pitches currently have no shower facilities (although they do have running water & toilets). There will unfortunately be no catering available so come prepared & please use the litter bins.

On-site parking is very limited and will be on a first come first served basis. The training ground is a 10 minute walk from Lancing station so please use public transport wherever possible. If you do need to park in the residential streets around the training ground please do so responsibly & courteously.

We have a limited capacity this year for spectators. While family and friends are welcome (it is a community facility after all!), we have taken a deliberate decision not to publicise the tournament too widely as at present the community pitches are unable to accommodate large numbers of spectators. This is a situation we very much hope will be relaxed in future years.

Thanks to the support of L&S Printing we will have St. John Ambulance on hand to deal with any bumps and scrapes.

Also

We have been asked to supply player names to AITC (for security reasons), so if you can send me a PM or post a message here with your name I'll forward it to the organisers.

With regards to our kit, it'll be the same as last year. Just bring a Blue and White Brighton shirt, short colour doesn't matter. Shinpads are a must, and of course bring your boots.

Hopefully that's everthing, if you have a question just post a message, and I'll see you on the 27th! :)
[MENTION=26695]Mowgli37[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21996]Czechmate[/MENTION] - Goalie
[MENTION=2251]emphyrian[/MENTION] - Goalie
[MENTION=27418]Coach_Carter_92[/MENTION]

[MENTION=29095]DanRedman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17377]leigull[/MENTION]

+1

-----------------------------
[MENTION=28494]jjtbha[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12817]Philzo-93[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13342]Wiggy Power[/MENTION] - Goalie

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Really sorry but going to have to pull out unfortunately as my grandparents have selfishly picked that day to celebrate their 50th Wedding anniversary (the *******s!) Sorry chaps.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Really sorry but going to have to pull out unfortunately as my grandparents have selfishly picked that day to celebrate their 50th Wedding anniversary (the *******s!) Sorry chaps.

Ah, sorry to hear that. Perhaps next year.

I am still ready to play if anyone drops out

Looks like you're in luck! :)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Oh, and please bring at £6 each to pay for our entry fee. Which is £60 overall.

It is for charity, so generous donations are welcomed!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here