Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wenger leaving Arsenal at end of season

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Arsenal fans in my office were literally jumping up and down and shouting with excitement when the news broke. Speaks volumes :)

Better the devil you know and all that, hope the entitled wankers get relegated! I say that not out of hate for Arsenal, I actually have a soft spot for them, but utter disdain for their entitled fanbase.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Me. He should probably have gone two or three seasons ago, but he has done an awful lot for English football.

It's the ned of an era, and the game will miss him, should he move abroad.

Absolutely, reading Ian Wright's recent autobiography, Wenger was instrumental in a massive sea change in English football - diets, supplements, the way training is done (less intensive), the physio side, the psychological side of the player's welfare. A lot of that is credited to the influx of Italians like Vialli and Zola, but it really came with Wenger and Bergkamp.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Anyone feeling slightly guilty that the Albion's 2-1 victory might have been the final straw for him?

No, me neither.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd love it if it was Pardew. It'd be one of the most hilarious things I can remember in recent football times.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Raffa

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Wenger's alter ego

Exclusive picture of an Arsenal manager candidate arriving for interview at the Emirates

DbN-_lFX4AAZQpi.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of the all time great Premier League managers. I hope Arsenal **** up the replacement, just what their fans deserve!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Viera..with Assistant Director of Football Monsuier Arsenal Wangler.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It will be interesting to see if they can win the Europa League and sneak into the Champions League, thus enabling themselves to attract a better class of manager.

However, if they don't win it then with another season in the Europa League, Sanchez gone, Wilshere potentially off on a free and a sieve-like defence in need of drastic surgery then the new manager is going to have their hands full.

Meanwhile, Chelsea look like they could lose Conte and Hazard, while West Ham have a relegation fight on their hands. Could Spurs be poised to take over as London's top dogs? Champions League football again and a big, new shiny stadium still to come.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wonder if he'll fancy a pop at being manager of France. Deschamps is contracted till 2020, but if they have a minging World Cup, an opportunity could arise maybe.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I will always rank the Arsenal Double winning side of '98 as one of the best of the best English club sides of my lifetime. Went on for too long, but he was a great manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here