Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Estimate our hardcore support.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When it happens we will get 10k max. If we're around the play-offs

Nah, in the promotion frame even in League 2 we’d get 20k imo. 10k max if we were struggling. We do fair weather better than most.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think we have about 1000-1500 fans who do most of the way games. I would call the 20k or so season ticket holders fairly hardcore.

Tomorrow's game isn't the best yardstick to judge these things.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The real hard core support are those who go away as well as home games. Or those who would go to the equivalent of Gillingham for home games - so about 1,500 - 2,000.

A lot of the current support (including season tickets) would melt away if we were still playing crap in Division 1 or 2, despite having a flashy stadium (cf the fall and fall of Darlington).

I'm so soft-core these days as to be completely flaccid.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think we have about 1000-1500 fans who do most of the way games. I would call the 20k or so season ticket holders fairly hardcore.

Tomorrow's game isn't the best yardstick to judge these things.

You're right, tomorrow is no yardstick because it will be a reserve team game and pretty much everyone knows that. I don't have any problem with people who go to most other games not going to this one. Not going to judge one way or the other because it just a reflection of the club's attitude to this competition.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Probably about 12-13k,it's great we've got all the new Amex,top knot,bushy beard early leavers but when it comes to truly understanding the importance of the rivalry and a good run in the cup I'd rather be in the trenches with our core support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whatever turns up on Monday night is probably a fair estimate. However I look round the stadium at the final whistle and often think that’s the hard core. It’s maybe 10k, no more.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Absolutely this. Because of who we are and where we are, even in L1 we would still play to between 15-20k.

Some of the people who have been getting exercised about the empty spaces tomorrow night are not realists, are probably young (ish) with too much time and money on their hands (and little responsibility I might add).

And anyone wishing to bawl me out about not being there tomorrow night would need to be very, very, very confident of their Albion watching record before they did....

really ? how.come withdean wasnt sold out every game then ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Absolutely this. Because of who we are and where we are, even in L1 we would still play to between 15-20k.

Some of the people who have been getting exercised about the empty spaces tomorrow night are not realists, are probably young (ish) with too much time and money on their hands (and little responsibility I might add).

And anyone wishing to bawl me out about not being there tomorrow night would need to be very, very, very confident of their Albion watching record before they did....

I dont care about your albion watching record , if you live locally and arent going tomorrow night then dont call yourself a hardcore fan .

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
You're saying that those who can't attend away games are not 'hardcore' ?

Yes. Surely the definition of hardcore is you go to every game including Doncaster on a cold Tuesday night in January when in league 1. Loyal fans can be all home games.

I am loyal with the odd away game, certainly not hardcore.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
6k Withdean fans + (being generous here) 3k fans who hated Withdean but went to away games. Add on a couple of thousand inbetweeners and we're looking at no more than about 12k tops. Best never get relegated anytime soon...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
In League 1 it would be the same 8k of us who were at Withdean
Utter rubbish as we'd get 15k plus no worries but no doubt you thought we'd get 11k when we moved to the Amex like many and I said 22k would be way to small :)

If anyone actually thinks we'd get 8k in league 1 then they know very little :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here