Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Which part of the supermarket do you NEVER visit

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I avoid the self service checkouts unless I have a foolproof product, like one newspaper.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do my best to avoid the fruit and veg sections. If so it is because I have managed to find the time to use the market where everything is about half the price and hasn't had all the flavour radiated out of it.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Nappies, tampons and fizzy drinks.

Until recently I'd have also said the bottled water isle, but my bird is from Germany and insists on buying bottled fizzy water, no matter what I just can't get her to drink tap water.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
That's my childhood right there. Tinned peaches (in syrup, not fruit juice), pears, pineapple rings, mandarin segments and even strawberries.

I wonder if this was priming me for a life of cider drinking?
We used to get tinned fruit set in jelly

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Meat aisles, stale fish counter (needs some vagiclean) andhair products,

Yep, the murdered animal aisle I avoid because I am a principled, sanctimonious wanker. If they did a human meat aisle I might pop in for a cut of pulled woman's thigh or some pickled toddler's eyeballs. The fizzy drinks aisles, with their litres and litres of sugary carbonated shit are also to be avoided (the preserve of thickos). Any aisle selling Punk IPA and I'm there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To much sugar in tinned fruit. Grab the frozen stuff, in Bursledon Towers it's hidden opposite the frozen Avocados. Mmmm.

Frozen avocados? Do these really exist?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yep, the murdered animal aisle I avoid because I am a principled, sanctimonious wanker. If they did a human meat aisle I might pop in for a cut of pulled woman's thigh or some pickled toddler's eyeballs. The fizzy drinks aisles, with their litres and litres of sugary carbonated shit are also to be avoided (the preserve of thickos). Any aisle selling Punk IPA and I'm there.

I prefer a nice rump or breast, well hung, to thighs and, as to the thickos, you obviously haven't met my neighbour in an aisle.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Meat and fish areas. Not cos we're veggies but because we get everything from the butchers/fishmongers down the road. Not being pious farmers market types ("eggs with shit and feathers on"). It's just much better quality than anything you get at the supermarket and generally a similar price.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Frozen avocados? Do these really exist?

Yes. They are a big secret though, only in Tesco's, the Extra's. At least 10 halves in a packet ( 500 grms) all skinned and ready to chuck on defrost in the micro wave. This has been discussed on here, whether to micro defrost or let them defrost naturally. They stay a bit drier and easier to handle micro defrost for just a short time and then turned over for best results. All for about £2.89. I guess this doesn't happen in Germany.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I don't feel I'm particularly sanctimonious but rarely go to supermarkets. Went to a Lidl once and felt very dirty. Fruit, veg , cakes, bread from a market, tinned stuff,local eggs, milk and everything else from a good local shop. If we can't buy it there, we don't eat it. Items might be 10p more but you don't end up buying all the other crap so you save that way. Not ranting, each to their own. It's just my way of supporting the local community.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The home products section, like washing powder, fabric conditioner, Fairy liquid, dishcloths etc etc. Well, it's not for men is it.............

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
6 or 7 years back a student Clinical Psychologist, with whom I had 12 sessions, challenged me to tackle a tad of social anxiety by buying the items in Tesco that I would feel embarrassed to purchase, and then carry this basket to the busiest checkout to have the employee and those behind me in the queue stare judgmentally at my budget turkey mince, my white-wrapper biscuits, my multipack of panty liners, my TV Weekly, my family-sized tin of beans, my mini dog biscuits - I think I was mostly concerned about being seen as a truly lonely portly pervert on benefits on a petfood and fart-inducing diet. So, I sort of went to every aisle that day. Or the ones I normally wouldn't go down.
In general, though, I think I steer clear of the petfood aisle and the one with multipacks of crisps and fizzy pop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here