Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlando

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Next month my partner and I are going to Orlando for 7 nights, so I thought I'd do the traditional pre-holiday ritual of asking the great and good of NSC if they have any advice of things to do or not do while we're there, or any more general tips to help us get the most out of our trip. We've got a few ideas of things we want to see (the obvious ones, basically), but I know from experience that NSC is usually a goldmine for this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
Sadly 7 days will only scratch the surface.

One major piece of advice is when you go to a Theme Park, get there before it opens.

TB

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Indeed, the captive dolphins at SeaWorld are always raving on about all the 'fantastic' things that SeaWorld does for them and how they don't miss their natural environment and swimming anything up to 100 miles per day in open water. Goddam those Blackfish producers eh?

Completely ignore the conservation work they do, along with other research projects and good work they do in saving animals - Zoos and aquariaums are not ideal, but they are needed.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If you have time get yourself along to the Kennedy Space Centre if you have a passing interest in NASA. Allow a whole day.
That's first on the list given that my partner is studying for a PhD dealing with astronaut rehabilitation techniques. :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thanks all for your advice so far, by the way. [emoji2]

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
My only advice is that you need to book another 7 days.

Joking aside, If it's your first time stick to the Disney and Universal.

Epcot is a slog but well worth it just for the firework display and Mission to Mars.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Shame it's only for 7 days as I would have suggested Busch Gardens near Tampa & about an hour's drive away.

Some of the best rollercoasters you'll ever go on!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I found Epcot shit

I've been about 15 times and EPCOT is by far and away my favourite park. I can completely get how newcomers, wanting big thrills from their theme parks, don't get it, but strolling very slowly around World Showcase drinking is truly one of my life's pleasures.

The Agent P game they've built into the park itself will keep the kids amused for hours too.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
I've been about 15 times and EPCOT is by far and away my favourite park. I can completely get how newcomers, wanting big thrills from their theme parks, don't get it, but strolling very slowly around World Showcase drinking is truly one of my life's pleasures.

The Agent P game they've built into the park itself will keep the kids amused for hours too.

Must admit I've only been to Epcot once wasn't my thing, did enjoy the firework show at the end

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If you are hiring a car, which is probably likely, do not accept any daily/weekly charges for Sun Pass (toll roads). You can pay buy cash as and when you need it at the toll booths, and it is much cheaper than the rate they want to charge you. I know this from many visits to Florida, and get hacked off each time they try it on.

Sun pass is cashless and/or toll by plate now I thought.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Pick what you want to do and buy tickets! 7 days is not enough to do all the parks - don't try and go to one every day as it will be miserable. I would go to both Universal parks, Magic Kingdom and Busch Gardens. Try visiting one of the Disney resort hotels (Polynesian Village, for example) as they can be atmospheric and getting a boat across the lake to Magic Kingdom is good. Don't be scared to go home during the day and relax - we used to be there at park opening, go and relax by pool for a couple of hours, then head back for the late afternoon/evening. Parks are open much longer (Magic Kingdom is open till 1:00am sometimes) so it's a long time to stay for the whole time.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Get to parks before opening, stay for 2/3 hours then go home or have lunch or shop during the busiest time. Then go back for an evening session. Strongly advise that you have at least two park free days. Visit a water park, I like aquatic the best. Old town Kissimmee is good on a Wednesday night and imo better place to stay than international drive. Warika springs is good for a chill out day. Busch gardens is best for roller coasters. Liked the comedy show with all you can eat and drink at the upside down building thing at end of international drive. Ihop bus is cheap and regular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here