Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock has signed a new three-year deal

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Your right, lets get rid of our top scorer, full of experience, a leader on the pitch, commited to the tackle, last scored against Chelsea in the Premier League and keep an injury prone bloke that doesn't score a lot and runs around a lot. Come on look at the facts and stop making silly points in the defence of the indefencable.

I genuinely can't believe some of the comments aimed at Baldock still after last season when he was a key part of our promotion. I agree we should be keeping Murray but that doesn't mean you have to attack the alternative.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I genuinely can't believe some of the comments aimed at Baldock still after last season when he was a key part of our promotion. I agree we should be keeping Murray but that doesn't mean you have to attack the alternative.

Baldock is not an alternative to Murray though. We have been trying to get another Baldock type player for a number of years and now people seem to want shot of him even though we need at least two players like him. Our record at signing Baldock type strikers is pretty bad so let's be grateful we have signed him up for another three years. Yes he'll be injured a lot no doubt. He may not even be a first choice once the squad is finalised but anyone who suggests we don't look better with him in the team has been watching different games to me, and now they are writing him off without even giving him a chance at the top table :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This thread is split between people you know their onions and those who haven't got a f@cking clue. Baldock is class look beyond his goal scoring ratio.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After initially being poor when his albion career started ( was that down to Sami ? ), Sam Baldock has improved immensely in the last 2 seasons ( was that down to CH ? ).

However, it is sometimes very difficult to shift a first impression and very hard to get off the NSC Knifing List once on it.

Well done once again on the new contract.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very pleased with this... well deserved Sam; a vastly improved player... however:

We MUST sign real competition for Sam as a bare minimum... in fact, I would say, a player who will be 1st choice over Sam is a priority...

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
After initially being poor when his albion career started ( was that down to Sami ? ), Sam Baldock has improved immensely in the last 2 seasons ( was that down to CH ? ).

However, it is sometimes very difficult to shift a first impression and very hard to get off the NSC Knifing List once on it.

Well done once again on the new contract.

He was stuck out on the left wing under Sami. Was rarely seen in the same post code as the goal in that season

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Baldock is not an alternative to Murray though. We have been trying to get another Baldock type player for a number of years and now people seem to want shot of him even though we need at least two players like him. Our record at signing Baldock type strikers is pretty bad so let's be grateful we have signed him up for another three years. Yes he'll be injured a lot no doubt. He may not even be a first choice once the squad is finalised but anyone who suggests we don't look better with him in the team has been watching different games to me, and now they are writing him off without even giving him a chance at the top table :shrug:

Sorry, I didn't mean that Baldock was an alternative to Murray. It just annoys me that, in order to stand up for one players, people feel the need to slate another when both will be in the 25 man squad this season. It just seems unnecessary to me.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Very good business from the club. I think SB's style is perfectly suited to the PL, so I expect him to do well. However, should the worst happen and we don't survive then we've got a key player under longer contract to help us back up again.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We have special goalkeeper coach. Why can't be have a special attacking coach (innovation) that will give players like Baldock (who is not a natural goalscorer) a few techniques in shooting with composure and to watch videos of Suarez to see how he does it.

Otherwise it is paying upward of £10 million to buy a striker who is unproven in the PL but looks like he has an eye for goal. Baldock has his strengths and weaknesses, he is not that fast, not that great at ball control under pressure, but at a pinch he is versatile and can play wide, can tackle back with many less fouls than Murray, and can run into space (greatest asset).

So I am for his extended contract. An extra ounce of pace or quick thinking (instinct for goal) and he could be quite good. Whether he will be I'm not quite sure? He scored lots for Bristol City at a lower level (like Kodja and Abraham)

Is Kazenga Lualua the forgotten man? The same applies to him. A bit more nous and instruction and he could alarm illustrious defenders.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good thing he wasn't under pressure and the ball controlled itself for those goals against Reading, Sheff Weds, Barnsley, and QPR.

(and all the other ones).

He could do better at other times. The point is that he might learn to do better. Or should I say, he will have to learn to do better?!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He could do better at other times. The point is that he might learn to do better. Or should I say, he will have to learn to do better?!

well. yes. we won't be playing Burton, Barnsley and Brentford every week. They will all have to.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have special goalkeeper coach. Why can't be have a special attacking coach (innovation) that will give players like Baldock (who is not a natural goalscorer) a few techniques in shooting with composure and to watch videos of Suarez to see how he does it.

Otherwise it is paying upward of £10 million to buy a striker who is unproven in the PL but looks like he has an eye for goal. Baldock has his strengths and weaknesses, he is not that fast, not that great at ball control under pressure, but at a pinch he is versatile and can play wide, can tackle back with many less fouls than Murray, and can run into space (greatest asset).

So I am for his extended contract. An extra ounce of pace or quick thinking (instinct for goal) and he could be quite good. Whether he will be I'm not quite sure? He scored lots for Bristol City at a lower level (like Kodja and Abraham)

Is Kazenga Lualua the forgotten man? The same applies to him. A bit more nous and instruction and he could alarm illustrious defenders.

Chris, Chris, CHRIS!!! Striking coach you numb nuts, how has it taken Perseus to point this out to you when you're supposedly a top coach!? Even when I had a tour around Lancing last week, saw all the analyst suites where they trawl through tons of footage, the numerous pitches, facilities, technical areas etc. etc. and you don't coach the friggin' strikers how to score goals! :facepalm:

#barberout

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can only think done for reasons of increasing his value if sold. Ordinary player poor first touch and no pace but like Hemed ok for squad. Sure there will be more signings for up front. Cant see us playing 2 down the middle. If Murray plays up front on his own he will be knackered after dozen games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here