Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

# Iron Lady 2

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What ever you think of Theresa May (and she wasn't my first choice).

That woman has probably had the most challenging year as PM ever.

What with Brexit,
General elections,
Terror attacks,
Grenfell Tower tragedy.

That without some press laying the boot knife and whatever else into her try to make her the scapegoat.

I for one respect her to still be standing strong with the shite shes had thrown at her. Her balls must be huge.

Would Corbyn have survived it all???

I think it's time we all held hands and get behind May and Davis as we now enter Brexit.

#Togetherwiththeresaandtheuk

To infinity and beyond.

OK, so we have to overlook the First World War, The Second World War, The IRA bombings particularly the Brighton Metropole, The Suez Crisis, Aden, The Falklands, The Crimea, The Boer War, The Titanic, Quintinshill rain crash, Armagh rail disaster, and various other disasters over the years, and just accept that things like Brexit and the General Election which were self inflicted poor old weak and wobbly Mrs May is not a disaster herself but brilliant.

I would take your blinkers off and wake up

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
OK, so we have to overlook the First World War, The Second World War, The IRA bombings particularly the Brighton Metropole, The Suez Crisis, Aden, The Falklands, The Crimea, The Boer War, The Titanic, Quintinshill rain crash, Armagh rail disaster, and various other disasters over the years, and just accept that things like Brexit and the General Election which were self inflicted poor old weak and wobbly Mrs May is not a disaster herself but brilliant.

Yeah, but apart from that·············

D

Deleted member 2719

Corbyn did survive...

Bickering within his party
A leadership challenge
Appalling lies about himself in the media

Meanwhile, Theresa May has been the architect of her own problems - including, but not limited to, the issues you've highlighted. You want to offer sympathy for her over those issues - they're her and/or her party's fault.

She lacks humility, compassion, insight and leadership. She's not strong - she's stubborn, arrogant and ignorant. Even her own party tells her that. The only aspect of iron about her is the excessive rust. No-one believes she is a good leader, except the apocalpytically stupid.

As for the jokers we have leading Britain out of Europe for the sake of their own vanity, and the expense of the good of the country, they deserve every brickbat coming their way, and your political analysis - like most things you post - is embarrassingly pathetic.

I get it, you are the complete opposite to me, no need for the insults though, if i wind you up so much just ignore me, i won't be offended, promise.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
One year ago she was arguing that the UK's interests were best served by remaining in the EU. Eleven months ago she assumed power and from day one led the charge for a hard Brexit, fighting (unsuccessfully) to ensure that the small clique around her rather than Parliament made the final decisions. She has made no attempt to reflect the closely balanced view of the people as expressed in the referendum and her latest stunt is to demand that a Treasury report about the damaging effect of her kind of Brexit is concealed from the public.

She was either lying a year ago or she is lying now. A duplicitous and revolting woman.

D

Deleted member 2719

I must keep up, i was sure that didn't all happen within one year.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Brilliant.... a politics related thread. Can we start some more?

Exhausted-Man_thumb.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

What with Brexit,
General elections,
Terror attacks,
Grenfell Tower tragedy.

That without some press laying the boot knife and whatever else into her try to make her the scapegoat.

I for one respect her to still be standing strong with the shite shes had thrown at her. Her balls must be huge.

May spent a full six years being kicked from pillar to post as Home Secretary and giving every bit as good as she got. In the words of Shaun Ryder in another context, she's 'got balls bigger than King Kong'. So respect for that. But she appears damaged as a human being, her reserves of empathy seem permanently set at zero. At some point, she'll surely have to hold her hand up, admit the job's too big for her (and maybe for anyone?) and walk away like that pink-faced lump of blubber Cameron did with a far easier ride than May has had. Must be a severely diminished pool of people who actually want the job of PM at the current time. Certainly all the talented ones seem to want nothing to do with it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Maggie.....May!

The new Tory party anthem for Iron Lady & Iron Lady 2.

C'mon 1, 2, 3............

Wake up Maggie I think I got something to say to you
It's late September and I really should be back at school
I know I keep you amused but I feel I'm being used
Oh Maggie I couldn't have tried any more
You lured me away from home just to save you from being alone
You stole my heart and that's what really hurt

The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything
I laughed at all of your jokes my love you didn't need to coax
Oh, Maggie I couldn't have tried any more
You lured me away from home, just to save you from being alone
You stole my soul and that's a pain I can do without

All I needed was a friend to lend a guiding hand
But you turned into a lover and
mother what a lover, you wore me out
All you did was wreck my bed
and in the morning kick me in the head
Oh Maggie I couldn't have tried anymore
You lured me away from home 'cause you didn't want to be alone
You stole my heart I couldn't leave you if I tried

I suppose I could collect my books and get on back to school
Or steal my daddy's cue and make a living out of playing pool
Or find myself a rock and roll band that needs a helpin' hand
Oh Maggie I wish I'd never seen your face
You made a first-class fool out of me
But I'm as blind as a fool can be
You stole my heart but I love you anyway

Maggie I wish I'd never seen your face
I'll get on back home one of these days.

OR

:cool:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

What with Brexit,
General elections,
Terror attacks,
Grenfell Tower tragedy.

I think it's time we all held hands and get behind May and Davis as we now enter Brexit.

To infinity and beyond.

Haha! Do you seriously think she's strong, as in Thatcher? The woman is a walking disaster and won't be in a job for much longer. I will rejoice that moment, sadly BJ will take over, yes his initials sum him up perfectly, so, as you were.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Corbyn did survive...

A leadership challenge

Meanwhile, Theresa May has been the architect of her own problems - including, but not limited to, the issues you've highlighted. You want to offer sympathy for her over those issues - they're her and/or her party's fault.

She lacks humility, compassion, insight and leadership. She's not strong - she's stubborn, arrogant and ignorant. Even her own party tells her that. The only aspect of iron about her is the excessive rust. No-one believes she is a good leader, except the apocalpytically stupid.

As for the jokers we have leading Britain out of Europe for the sake of their own vanity, and the expense of the good of the country, they deserve every brickbat coming their way, and your political analysis - like most things you post - is embarrassingly pathetic.
absolutely this :thumbsup:

Theresa May is a Poundland Margaret Thatcher. Whatever your thoughts about the latter, she was a politician of conviction who valued substance over spin, none of which have been evident with the former.
and this. I hated Thatcher's policies but there is no comparison between her and May - you always got the impression Thatcher truly believed her policies were for the best whereas May doesn't even know what her policies are, by and large, it appears.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

The new Tory party anthem for Iron Lady & Iron Lady 2.

C'mon 1, 2, 3............

Wake up Maggie I think I got something to say to you
It's late September and I really should be back at school
I know I keep you amused but I feel I'm being used
Oh Maggie I couldn't have tried any more
You lured me away from home just to save you from being alone
You stole my heart and that's what really hurt

The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything
I laughed at all of your jokes my love you didn't need to coax
Oh, Maggie I couldn't have tried any more
You lured me away from home, just to save you from being alone
You stole my soul and that's a pain I can do without

All I needed was a friend to lend a guiding hand
But you turned into a lover and
mother what a lover, you wore me out
All you did was wreck my bed
and in the morning kick me in the head
Oh Maggie I couldn't have tried anymore
You lured me away from home 'cause you didn't want to be alone
You stole my heart I couldn't leave you if I tried

I suppose I could collect my books and get on back to school
Or steal my daddy's cue and make a living out of playing pool
Or find myself a rock and roll band that needs a helpin' hand
Oh Maggie I wish I'd never seen your face
You made a first-class fool out of me
But I'm as blind as a fool can be
You stole my heart but I love you anyway

Maggie I wish I'd never seen your face
I'll get on back home one of these days.

OR

:cool:

Alternatively just substitute Theresa for Margaret in

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

What with Brexit,
General elections,
Terror attacks,
Grenfell Tower tragedy.

To infinity and beyond.

All the real crap she has had to deal with has really just been the last 2-3 weeks, so, she has had most of the year just repeating herself until now.... Unfortunately, she is not a politician with any sort of personality and how it shows.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Corbyn did survive...

A leadership challenge

Lucky then that she's not a Marxist, because he's had the best he's going to get. Its easy to be a great leader in opposition, the only problem is, he's in opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here