Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F*** You, I'm Millwall

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Question : and someone on here will know the answer as you're a bright bunch (really)....

You're in a cafe, stood at the back. What you genuinely perceive to be a terrorist armed with a machete starts swinging it around, narrowly misses a couple of people, and you honestly think he's going to start killing.

In the heat of the moment you get the red mist, think 'f±ck you jihadi', pick up a steak knife, leap over three tables and sink it into his eye socket. He flops to the ground, dead.

Have you just committed murder? Will you have to stand trial for that, and get 10 years for 'manslaughter' at best?

Where would you stand, legally?

Reasonable force.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Exactly. I've nothing but admiration for the bloke. As I say, I'd like to talk up whether I'd be that brave but I really don't know. We know for sure that this bloke has balls of steel.

Probably depends on whether Mrs Jakarta was with me in which case my first thought would be to get her away ASAP.

If I was alone & I saw a scumbag approaching people with a knife I hope I would have the balls to try and floor him - I would then surely kick the shit out of him with whatever I had to hand non stop until the Police arrived.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Probably depends on whether Mrs Jakarta was with me in which case my first thought would be to get her away ASAP.

If I was alone & I saw a scumbag approaching people with a knife I hope I would have the balls to try and floor him - I would then surely kick the shit out of him with whatever I had to hand non stop until the Police arrived.

Exactly this, it's called survival :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Question : and someone on here will know the answer as you're a bright bunch (really)....

You're in a cafe, stood at the back. What you genuinely perceive to be a terrorist armed with a machete starts swinging it around, narrowly misses a couple of people, and you honestly think he's going to start killing.

In the heat of the moment you get the red mist, think 'f±ck you jihadi', pick up a steak knife, leap over three tables and sink it into his eye socket. He flops to the ground, dead.

Have you just committed murder? Will you have to stand trial for that, and get 10 years for 'manslaughter' at best?

You get a pat on the back,a medal and a set of steak knives.......not necessarily in that order.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Fair play to the bloke. Absolute nutcase, but fair play lol. Speedy recovery to the guy and many thanks for the lives he likely saved.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I was up in London at Christmas with my 2 lads walking past St Pauls Cathedral about 3 in the morning when a drunk bloke looked like he was going to start on my 14 year old son. I surprised myself with how I flew at the bloke who was quite a bit bigger than me (although mainly all lard). He backed off quick thankfully but if my lads had not been there, I'd have almost certainly have backed down and tried to play peacemaker. Maybe if my lads were with me I'd have waded in against these terrorists. I hope and pray I never need to find out,

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just wondering what the average Grauniad Reader is going to make of this.

Rather than meeting their justifiable knife based protest with violence surely it would have been better to have suggested a breakout session to discuss their ongoing issues with the UK? Which of course are all our fault.

As a Guardian reader for more than 40 years, you have an enormously twisted and perverted view of the average Guardian reader.

If someone is rampaging around with a knife, the average Guardian reader would do what any other normal person would do, which would be one of two things: either leg it, or get stuck in - stuck in from the point of view of trying to stop them and/or protecting others, obviously, but......

This guy was on the BBC six o'clock news this evening as well.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I was up in London at Christmas with my 2 lads walking past St Pauls Cathedral about 3 in the morning when a drunk bloke looked like he was going to start on my 14 year old son. I surprised myself with how I flew at the bloke who was quite a bit bigger than me (although mainly all lard). He backed off quick thankfully but if my lads had not been there, I'd have almost certainly have backed down and tried to play peacemaker. Maybe if my lads were with me I'd have waded in against these terrorists. I hope and pray I never need to find out,

Its difficult to know what you might do when the adrenaline hits.

I'm now in advanced middle age and the vast majority of the situations where I got into scuffles in my twenties now seem ridiculous - one involved a hospital visit & I certainly don't need any more stitches but I would hope I would intervene if I saw some c*nt waving a knife at people.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

self defence? justifiable homicide, if we have such a concept in these islands.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Exactly. I've nothing but admiration for the bloke. As I say, I'd like to talk up whether I'd be that brave but I really don't know. We know for sure that this bloke has balls of steel.

surely he should have got these out and used them like nunchucks, might have got a better result.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

You'd be arrested initially and interviewed etc while police determine what occurred. Either CPS won't persue a case against you, as you were defending people, or you'd be charged with manslaughter. If charged and found guilty there's a good chance that you wouldn't get a custodial sentence due to mitigating circumstances.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Fair play -- I worked over that way 20 yrs ago and I think the old market boys would have taken them out in minutes. Much respect to the man

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
#go****yourselfimmillwall is trending on twatter

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
#go****yourselfimmillwall is trending on twatter

and it should do dave. it seems, i'm guessing, that those ****ers planned to attack bars at borough market having killed maybe 4 or 5 people beforehand but hadn't expected resistance, but despite the 10 inch blades were fought off by britain's finest: a mix of old hoolies, workers from around the world, and lads and ladies enjoying a night out. for this reason, I salute them all. i have no doubt those cowards expected a much bigger casualty rate. so **** them and thanks lads and ladies for saving many lives

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here