Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT: Carpenters

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not a fan but I heard good things. Availability might be a problem though. Doesn't need a constant supply of biscuits on the plus side.

View attachment 79684

Count yourself lucky that none of your family members have ever been afflicted. A deadly mental illness that claims the lives of many teenage girls in this country every year. Jokes about Carpenters songs, fair enough, but Anorexia seriously?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/684139/Teenager-commits-suicide-six-year-battle-anorexia

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Bouncing an old thread but I am looking for a carpenter to ask for a bit of work doing on my flat. I would like a Brighton fan of course to keep the business in the family. Anyone chippies looking for a bit of work?

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I don't know any good carpenters. My only reason for opening this thread was to see how many posts it took before Karen got a mention.
Post #2 - I wasn't disappointed.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Bouncing an old thread but I am looking for a carpenter to ask for a bit of work doing on my flat. I would like a Brighton fan of course to keep the business in the family. Anyone chippies looking for a bit of work?

Sounds a bit Auf Wiedersehen out in Madrid.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012

Doing what (not me) - but I can ask a couple (of chippies)

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Looks like I'm not the only one disappointed this thread isn't the chance for a serious discussion on a critical reappraisal of The Carpenters' legacy?

Have to say Goodbye To Love sits comfortably in my all time Top 10 of great pop songs. Mainly due to the stunning guitar break of course :lolol:
Tell me I'm not alone ...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know of a good carpenter? I must have contacted 15-20 people on Checkatrade in the last week and not one of them has responded.

Looking to get a window seat, TV unit and computer desk unit built.

"I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on my window seat
And the only explanation I can find
Is the TV unit that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of my computer desk unit"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here