Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Better than Vicente?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I've been tempted to say it for quite afew weeks now, but I felt it was maybe a bit of a big statement. But he does remind me a lot of Vicente, his balance, close control, the way he kind of glides with the ball at his feet.

Watching this video there are some moments where I had to rub my eyes to be sure the maker of the video hadn't accidentally put some Vicente clips in there by accident. (1:10 , 1:34)

I would advise to not compare one player to the other as both in their own way are fantastic.

We are seeing the best of Knockaert's career so far...and we saw the twilight of Vincente's.

And we wouldn't have had the Vicente v Portsmouth game. Is it the deluded memory of an old fool but did he come on as a sub during that game, score twice and got MoM?? Please enlighten me.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've been tempted to say it for quite afew weeks now, but I felt it was maybe a bit of a big statement. But he does remind me a lot of Vicente, his balance, close control, the way he kind of glides with the ball at his feet.

Watching this video there are some moments where I had to rub my eyes to be sure the maker of the video hadn't accidentally put some Vicente clips in there by accident. (1:10 , 1:34)

Brilliant stuff! We really are so lucky to have Knockaert. In 45 years of watching the Albion, I've learnt that players like that are not two a penny for our club and I agree with [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] when he says Knockaert could become a modern day Peter Ward.

The argument about Vicente is futile as they are from different sides, times in their career. I love them both.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
5 times? Really? Get your head out your arse.

A better player in his day yes, though knocky hasn't retired yet so utterly ridiculous to compare careers at this stage.

Almost as ridiculous as comparing what each have done for the albion, as knocky probably HAS done 5 times what vicente did.

OK, 10 times the player.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
AK has now achieved more than Vicente did AT Brighton.

Both players are legends at Brighton AK for what he is currently doing, Vicente because he showed what he could do when things came together and from a clubs point of view where we had come i.e. getting someone in who had genuinely been world class.

Regards 'sicknote' , I would guess his issue were his own personal demons , not physical injuries, and a better man manager would have got a lot more out of him. Just compare the difference of how AK has been trated with club supporting and playing him as regards Vicente not being allowed to play.

There is a similarity in their play , lets hope AK continues to do what he does as last night was pure magic.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Love both of em ,Vicente was superb shame gus didn't play him in the palace play offs when he was fit

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Would have loved to seen Vincente in his prime in a blue and white strip, though you could say that with a lot of players. AK can be brilliant like last night and then go missing like Preston last week.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
shame gus didn't play him in the palace play offs when he was fit

This with bells on, we would have won no doubt in my mind that Gus had a problem with Vicente and seemed to leave him out of thé squad through spite and there was anomosity between them that was clear to see. Probably Vicente could see Gus had a massive ego and see through his bullshit.

AK is a legend already, no one who has seen him play will ever forget him and his love for the club.

It's set in stone already, for me he is already above Ward admittedly I only saw Ward a few times this guy is a different class.

There I've said it "better than Ward, more of a legend already than Ward"

Pick that outta the back of the net and run with it....

Let the "Binfest begin"

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Weird. Had this very conversation about Vicente and Knocky on the way home from the game last night. Concluded with the consensus we'd love to have seen them in the same team. Silky skills on one side and pacy magic on the other.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Vicente came in at the arse end of his career. He didn't play many games due to injury. He played probably five good games. Knockeart has probably played five times that and score five times the amount of goals to.

How far away is Knocky from French call up? I know they are drowning in good wingers but they must be hell of a players to be keeping him out.

Technique wise it's a great comparison - I think Vicente shades it when he did play. We should have gone up that season, we were among the best 3 teams so that clouds the memories even with the sicknote stuff.

I think both Kayal and Knocky will be shaking up our all time eleven

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This with bells on, we would have won no doubt in my mind that Gus had a problem with Vicente and seemed to leave him out of thé squad through spite and there was anomosity between them that was clear to see. Probably Vicente could see Gus had a massive ego and see through his bullshit.

AK is a legend already, no one who has seen him play will ever forget him and his love for the club.

It's set in stone already, for me he is already above Ward admittedly I only saw Ward a few times this guy is a different class.

There I've said it "better than Ward, more of a legend already than Ward"

Pick that outta the back of the net and run with it....

Let the "Binfest begin"

:facepalm:

36 goals in a season.

For me, AK has been more influential for us than Vicente, by quite a long way. But Wardy status? Not yet; not close. He could get there though - and there are precious few players about whom that could be said.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brighton flying high, footballing gods cementing their legendary status, NSC binfest. All is right with the world.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The initial question was simple though. Is Knockaert better than Vicente. At the moment, the answer is no. Clearly Knockaert may achieve at the highest level but he hasn't yet. The question wasn't 'who has been the better player for the Albion, Knockaert or Vicente'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here