Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's best 'thing' you've purchased for your home ....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
An Aqualisa shower unit. The best shower system I have EVER come across, including many top quality hotels, totally reliable, serious water pumping power (so good that the 'rainforest' head which was bought as an extra really is redundant) and has not missed a beat in nearly 10 years daily use. I am about to make enquiries as to where I can buy one in Oz after I move.

Out of curiosity, what is so good about them? We just have an old mixer tap and it works perfectly but then we have very good water pressure.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A second toilet - you would not believe the amount of stress, pressure and tension it has eased.

Jul 7, 2003
At this time of year, definitely the ceiling fan in the bedroom. Don't get too hot at night, nice and quiet, seem to get much more sleep than many colleagues on those warm nights.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As I don't drink alcohol, tea or coffee, for me it's the fridge with the built in ice maker plugged into the plumbing. Perfect for cool drinks 24/7.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
An Aqualisa shower unit. The best shower system I have EVER come across, including many top quality hotels, totally reliable, serious water pumping power (so good that the 'rainforest' head which was bought as an extra really is redundant) and has not missed a beat in nearly 10 years daily use. I am about to make enquiries as to where I can buy one in Oz after I move.

Ooh looks great. Is there any one particular model you would recommend?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My armchair

chair.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ooh looks great. Is there any one particular model you would recommend?

Not now as mine is about 10 years old so I am a bit out of date. Looked at their website earlier and the most expensive appeared to be about £800, but I may be mistaken. We got ours from Alexander's in Worthing who gave top notch service.

Mrs W is an Instruction Guide pedant so we still have the leaflet. It is an HiQu digital.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably a Sonos. So simple and used by everyone, every day. When you factor in the services it can be used with makes it incredibly powerful

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Out of curiosity, what is so good about them? We just have an old mixer tap and it works perfectly but then we have very good water pressure.

Firstly the power, normal size shower head but so much more water. Secondly the quality, still looks like new after nearly 10 years. Lastly the features, you can have different head(s) and positions which you can then choose between just by switching a small remote handle, and having the controls a few feet from the shower allowing you to turn it on, or adjust the temperature, without freezing or burning your nads off.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

The water pressure is greater and more consistent than other showers I have tried and it can be boosted. A display tells you when your desired temperature has been reached so no tentative steps towards it on a cold morning. I always preferred baths but I only ever shower now. The world has gone mad but my shower, and my cat, provide some stability.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good thread.
[MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3357]brighton[/MENTION]Lines have it so far
I'll probably go for Wusthof knives, although they were gifts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here