Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Pakistan, 1st Investec Test at Lord's, Jul 14-18, 2016

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch, day two

England 64-1 (11 overs), trailing by 275 on first innings.

Cook 35*(31) Root 23*(25)

Impressive session of Test cricket... 23.2 overs 121 runs 5 wickets

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I reckon [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] is watching via Sky directly.

I am watching on Sky Sports but through Virgin Media, and it seems to be a good 10-15 seconds behind Sky. I've noticed before when on the phone to my brother, and we both watching the same football match, him on Sky, me on Virgin, and he said somebody had scored well before I saw it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I reckon @Titanic is watching via Sky directly.

I am watching on Sky Sports but through Virgin Media, and it seems to be a good 10-15 seconds behind Sky. I've noticed before when on the phone to my brother, and we both watching the same football match, him on Sky, me on Virgin, and he said somebody had scored well before I saw it.

I watch on Sky GO... but listen to TMS on the BBC website... so the commentary is about one delivery ahead of the TV... but still slightly behind the action :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I reckon [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] is watching via Sky directly.

I have Sky Go which is more like 90 secs behind, and I've had to explain this to my kids, 'its live but what we're seeing has already happened'. I realised how well I had explained this when sat at the Amex watching the game, my 5 year old son asked, 'is this live Dad?'...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
For me, TMS commentary online is 22 seconds ahead of Sky GO.

No idea how either of these relate to 'LIVE'

#firstworldproblem

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Alastair Cook 50* (60 balls, 10 fours) :clap2:

Short and wide from Rahat, flashing cut away to the third man fence.

England 97-1 (20.2 overs)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I watch on Sky GO... but listen to TMS on the BBC website... so the commentary is about one delivery ahead of the TV... but still slightly behind the action :)

I do this - works well when I am trying to work - means I can look up if anything interesting happens........

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
[MENTION=82]pasty[/MENTION] have you gone realtime? or guessing??

I was that desperate to post a milestone before you I had it typed ready to click "post" as soon as it happened - I will retire happy now :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

There is a way round this. If you feed your DAB radio signal into your computer, or use a stream, you can open VCL app, and it has a function to synchronise or delay the input feed. You can with a bit of playing around have the TMS commentary in time with the Sky pictures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here