Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The students are at it again after the Queen's Speech

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You tend to need a degree to take on something like teaching. Is that a pointless occupation?

Both tourism and drama are worth billions to the world economy. Are they worthless?

She is actually studying music. Presumably a subject gauged as worthless by you.

Not worthless or pointless, not vital either.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is what the Stop The War/End Austerity Now/Something about Palestine/Something Else about Fascists/Something about Islamophobia/Some trite cliche about Capitalism Coalition have to say about the FIFA arrests

CGCiA55VAAA6MZo.png

Fingers on the pulse...no flies on them...

Christ, they're an astute bunch.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thought you were better than that. Didn't take you for the kind of sucker that believes the BS that half the population needs a degree, it doesn't. Vital workers include nurses (don't believe the new job criteria) Police, refuse collectors, road contractors etc etc. We do not need half of our population working as doctors, social workers, psychiatrists, we need a balanced workforce, not everybody believing that they deserve one of top jobs.
The only nurses I know went to university.

The poster in question was suggesting that all students were scroungers and tax dodgers.

You do need a degree to get on the ladder. There is no denying that.

Is the system broken?

There are more eligible candidates than ever, so of course a company/firm/organisation is going to.go with the most determined AND qualified.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thought you were better than that. Didn't take you for the kind of sucker that believes the BS that half the population needs a degree, it doesn't. Vital workers include nurses (don't believe the new job criteria) Police, refuse collectors, road contractors etc etc. We do not need half of our population working as doctors, social workers, psychiatrists, we need a balanced workforce, not everybody believing that they deserve one of top jobs.
Not everyone whom takes on a debt of further education believes they deserve a top job. You are speaking for many, many thousands and ill informed on the matter.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They even had a pop at the UKIP MP. I suppose anyone is fair game for some.

He feared for his life, even though he's 6'3".

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I never had you down as an elitist [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] only those with the ability or aptitude should pay back vast sums for the education.

Whether or not you agree with the system, employers demand more from applicants.

University graduates tend to show more than an 18 year old, fresh out of school. That's the way it works.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
A democracy where the party that gained the highest number of votes was.......drumroll.......the Conservatives!

Democratic enough for you whinger?

If that 3rd of the vote had got labour in that would have been acceptable to him then. They lost the election so they are going to spit the dummy out at every opportunity. Anti whatever march the same faces will be there come what may. They don't mind what the cause is.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
University graduates tend to show more than an 18 year old, fresh out of school. That's the way it works.

Probably correct, but do they also tend to show more than those with three years experience in the job that the graduate is applying for? Far more debatable........

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I never had you down as an elitist [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] only those with the ability or aptitude should pay back vast sums for the education.

Could you clarify your point please? Use of punctuation may help.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If that 3rd of the vote had got labour in that would have been acceptable to him then. They lost the election so they are going to spit the dummy out at every opportunity. Anti whatever march the same faces will be there come what may. They don't mind what the cause is.

Yep, if you look at the photos on the Breitbart link i put up you will see Palestinian flags and other antis which have bugger all to do with anti austerity. A day out for the anti everything brigade as per. Makes a complete mockery of the stance.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Whether or not you agree with the system, employers demand more from applicants.

A lot of degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on. When I was working, the youngsters coming in had degrees, but were doing the same job as me, who left school at 16.
We need apprenctices for manual, practical jobs, engineering & construction. We need firefighters, coastguards & police.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yep, if you look at the photos on the Breitbart link i put up you will see Palestinian flags and other antis which have bugger all to do with anti austerity. A day out for the anti everything brigade as per. Makes a complete mockery of the stance.

Rent a mob.

Ha. We're on to punctuation? [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] was my comma, as adding a comma would have ****ed up the tag. You don't even need to have passed your SATS to understand my post.

Ooh, bof is rattled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here