Favourite Albion memorabilia

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Hereford away after our equaliser, scenes :O

A few days after the match I went into the chip shop near where I lived in Brighton, I said to the chip shop owner that I saw his double at Hereford taking photos beside the pitch.
He told me that he drove an official photographer to the match, but for him to see the match he had to pretend he was also an official photographer.
He said he just wandered around snapping away.

The next time I went to the chip shop he gave me this photo.

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
I was raised in a house in Newtown Road. My dad collected some interesting Albion related memorabilia that always created a discussion at any gatherings in our house. On our mantelpiece he placed the various bricks that had come through our windows which he had then diligently labelled (with letraset!). Amongst others I recall 'Millwall 1977 - Front Room Window' and 'Southampton 1981- Car Window'. When (thankfully) the supply of bricks dried up in the mid 1980s the souvenirs left our front room to form a rockery in the back garden. My parents have since moved house and it just crossed my mind what the new owner must have thought if they ever unearthed a brick in the garden with 'Millwall 1977' emblazoned across it!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
View attachment 64176

£3 in the YMCA charity shop in George Street in Hove a few years ago. Now remind me which former Albion CEO had worked for Hove YMCA...?

Nice matchworn top you have there, be great to see a couple of photos posted on my website if you get a chance. ;-)

Jan 30, 2008
View attachment 64178

Hereford away after our equaliser, scenes :O

A few days after the match I went into the chip shop near where I lived in Brighton, I said to the chip shop owner that I saw his double at Hereford taking photos beside the pitch.
He told me that he drove an official photographer to the match, but for him to see the match he had to pretend he was also an official photographer.
He said he just wandered around snapping away.

The next time I went to the chip shop he gave me this photo.
top photo that , the other one I've seen is in the casual book , did you go on that coach???
regards
DR

Jul 7, 2003
Bargain! That would be a great one to wear to games now - the same can't be said for my pink & white away shirt from yesteryear that's clogging up a draw somewhere...

What size is it? I lost mine years ago so I'd take it off your hands for a nice donation to REMF if you don't want it.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I was raised in a house in Newtown Road. My dad collected some interesting Albion related memorabilia that always created a discussion at any gatherings in our house. On our mantelpiece he placed the various bricks that had come through our windows which he had then diligently labelled (with letraset!). Amongst others I recall 'Millwall 1977 - Front Room Window' and 'Southampton 1981- Car Window'. When (thankfully) the supply of bricks dried up in the mid 1980s the souvenirs left our front room to form a rockery in the back garden. My parents have since moved house and it just crossed my mind what the new owner must have thought if they ever unearthed a brick in the garden with 'Millwall 1977' emblazoned across it!

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Did the Millwall brick have a surgical mask attached to it?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:lolol:
Brilliant, clear winner on this thread :bowdown:

Jan 30, 2008
Best goal celebration ever, I was near the front by that fence.
No I wasn't on that coach .
Yep. I was behind you , stopped of in ledbury on the way up and on the way home went to Cheltenham just gave the driver some dosh and he was happy as larry coach over heated on the A23 :facepalm:
regards
DR

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Has anyone got any interesting keep sakes from Albion matches, home or away?

I'll start the ball rolling - I managed to catch one of Nicky Rust's gloves after the Hereford game, the icing on an already unforgettable, er, cake/day....

Over to you...

Rust or Ormerod's glove?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lee Steeles balloon that he had on the open top bus ride after the third division championship win. Gave it to my missus as they got off the bus at the end. It's lost most of its air now though, and has gone a bit perished too. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure where it is now, but I know it's not allowed to be thrown away.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have an original 1983 Cup Final Banquet invitation and the original menu for that night at the Brighton Centre.

I also bumped into an old programme home game versus Cardiff City Saturday December 3rd 1983, having a look through it I noticed that the reserves played against Swindon 22nd November (1-1) and Reading 24th Novemebr (won 4-1) and a player named Wright played in those games scoring in the Swindon game but not in the Reading game and was not in the squad for the reserves winning team against Oxford (2-0) on the 29th November.

I am assuming this is the timeline of Ian Wrights Brighton Career ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here