Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Current NSC Advertising

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
HMV ad still pulling me down. Although it is only on the 'Big Board' page, (i.e. the one that lists all the threads), there don't seem to be any ads on the thread page itself.

Really? I’m not sure how that’s possible as there are no ads on he bottom of the thread listing page any more.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
New one for me... clicked Big Board at the bottom left and it went to eBay? Even as a web developer that one defies my belief.

Scrolling down on an iPad, I occasionally must hit something on the right hand side of the screen that switches to eBay and won’t switch back to NSC. I’ve not noticed what I’ve accidentally pressed yet but it’s bloody irritating.

New one for me... clicked Big Board at the bottom left and it went to eBay? Even as a web developer that one defies my belief.

I thought that was me just having fat finger syndrome, looks like it isn't as this has happened to me a few times.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Really? I’m not sure how that’s possible as there are no ads on he bottom of the thread listing page any more.

This isn't one that screws up the display, but this is where the offending HMV one appeared:

snipWithAd.PNG

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Scrolling down on an iPad, I occasionally must hit something on the right hand side of the screen that switches to eBay and won’t switch back to NSC. I’ve not noticed what I’ve accidentally pressed yet but it’s bloody irritating.

I don't even see an ad for eBay so why it sent me there I have no idea.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Every time I click on the thread about the police at the Palace game I get redirected to imaginaryknuckledusters.com

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I don't even see an ad for eBay so why it sent me there I have no idea.

Nor me, I’ve no idea what it is I’m clicking on that causes me to be packed off to the eBay site.

There are ads from eBay which are integrated into the site. It seems to cover the width of the The Big Board, so when you scroll past it on an iPad you may accidentally be pressing it or something. I don't have an iPad or tablet - the ads may display differently in those devices which may be to blame.

ads.png

On my mobile, I do sometimes get directed to eBay after trying to click on the 'The Big Board' after going to northstandchat.com - I think it might be because the ad takes longer to load than the forum, so appears later. So if I try to click on the 'The Big Board' too quickly, by the time my finger reaches the screen, it's position has changed, and I end up accidentally clicking the ad. Possibly. I haven't been analysing it - I just click back and try accessing the The Big Board a second time, which works.

ads2.png

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There are ads from eBay which are integrated into the site. It seems to cover the width of the The Big Board, so when you scroll past it on an iPad you may accidentally be pressing it or something. I don't have an iPad or tablet - the ads may display differently in those devices which may be to blame.

On my mobile, I do sometimes get directed to eBay after trying to click on the 'The Big Board' after going to northstandchat.com - I think it might be because the ad takes longer to load than the forum, so appears later. So if I try to click on the 'The Big Board' too quickly, by the time my finger reaches the screen, it's position has changed, and I end up accidentally clicking the ad. Possibly. I haven't been analysing it - I just click back and try accessing the The Big Board a second time, which works.

No it doesn't load after reading a thread, and then clicking on Big Board, there is lazy loading and to damned lazy to load until I can be bothered, and I only use NSC on my computer, with mouse, so I can quite safely say I click with precision.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - The eBay add had gone for a couple of days but now seems to have come back. Any chance of switching it off again?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I got dragged onto Ebay, but also had blaring music, which may affect those who view from work tomorrow.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Just loaded NSC and got taken straight to Ebay, no 'big board' displayed. Is that what others have had?

Chrome, W7, logged in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here