Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sit down or risk losing seat warning*

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Football supporters have been sent a letter warning them to sit down during matches or risk losing their seat.

Norwich City said it is under "direct threat of having capacity reduced" after being told standing levels in its all-seater stadium was "unacceptable".

Fans in one section of its Carrow Road ground have been told to stay seated at their next home game on Saturday.

A club spokesman said it issued the ultimatum after consultation with the body that grants safety certificates.

He added the Championship club had been working with the Norfolk Safety Advisory Group to "tackle an issue with persistent standing in Block A of the lower Barclay Stand this season".

This follows very strong complaints from season ticket holders in that area whose views of the game have been partially or wholly obstructed for long periods due to people persistently standing in front of them," he said.

This is what is wrong with football in this day and age

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Apart from that being against the law of all seated stadia

Well yeah obviously. I just mean that I personally feel people should be allowed to stand if they want to. Safe standing, changing the laws, whatever but people should have the choice. If they're standing in front of people who clearly want to sit then yeah throw the book at them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the North, the trick is to stand up if the person in front of you or the personal diagonally across and in front of you is standing up. No point whatsoever in moaning about it, or weirdly trying to self-police your own personal line of vision. Just stand up too. Or, if you must, try and engage the utterly disinterested stewards, if you think that would help (it won't)

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
If they're standing in front of people who clearly want to sit then yeah throw the book at them.

And what happens if the people in front of me stand making me stand?

I'm in the North row P. I have found in the last few games more and more standing. Doesn't bother me I prefer to stand. I constantly have a woman tapping me on the shoulder asking me to sit but If I sit I cant see ! I cant insist on all the rows in front sitting so im stuffed.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
And what happens if the people in front of me stand making me stand?

I'm in the North row P. I have found in the last few games more and more standing. Doesn't bother me I prefer to stand. I constantly have a woman tapping me on the shoulder asking me to sit but If I sit I cant see ! I cant insist on all the rows in front sitting so im stuffed.

Offer to swap seats and if she keeps doing that she could end up at the front with only Maty in front of her :thumbsup: she will probably ask him to sit down as well! :ffsparr:

kennyb

May 23, 2004
Well yeah obviously. I just mean that I personally feel people should be allowed to stand if they want to. Safe standing, changing the laws, whatever but people should have the choice. If they're standing in front of people who clearly want to sit then yeah throw the book at them.

This happens at the Amex especially in NS behind the goal, inconsiderate people standing up for 5-10 mins with no consideration for those whose view they are obstructing, i have some arthritis in my legs and cant stand up for long periods why should i be put at a disadvantage when i have paid my ST money its just being selfish, everyone should accept the best thing for everyone is to sit down.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
This happens at the Amex especially in NS behind the goal, inconsiderate people standing up for 5-10 mins with no consideration for those whose view they are obstructing, i have some arthritis in my legs and cant stand up for long periods why should i be put at a disadvantage when i have paid my ST money its just being selfish, everyone should accept the best thing for everyone is to sit down.

Our you could move to east, west or south where everyone sits down...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Kop at Liverpool seems to have "special dispensation" for standing. The whole lot seem to be permanently on their feet behind that goal.

kennyb

May 23, 2004
yet another selfish supporter its not about rights its about safety for everyone. Personally i would back moves to ban persistent offenders from the Amex

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
yet another selfish supporter its not about rights its about safety for everyone. Personally i would back moves to ban persistent offenders from the Amex

's funny as I'd like to ban those who stay seated all the time. They're the ones who ruin it!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Apart from that being against the law of all seated stadia

it is not statue law that you are seated the entire game. it is a regulation of the Football league that nobody must stand while play is in progress.
http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/the-legalities-of-standing/

the law for all seater was brought in for saftey and standing in front of your allocated seat is safe. the regulation should be changed to allow the current arrangement, i.e. standing is allowed in areas and frowned upon in others.

el punal

Football supporters have been sent a letter warning them to sit down during matches or risk losing their seat.

Norwich City said it is under "direct threat of having capacity reduced" after being told standing levels in its all-seater stadium was "unacceptable".

Fans in one section of its Carrow Road ground have been told to stay seated at their next home game on Saturday.

A club spokesman said it issued the ultimatum after consultation with the body that grants safety certificates.

He added the Championship club had been working with the Norfolk Safety Advisory Group to "tackle an issue with persistent standing in Block A of the lower Barclay Stand this season".

This follows very strong complaints from season ticket holders in that area whose views of the game have been partially or wholly obstructed for long periods due to people persistently standing in front of them," he said.

This is what is wrong with football in this day and age

Someone standing in the directors box eating a prawn sandwich in front of Delia. Disgraceful!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here