Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How old were you when

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Aged 9 in 1962.
I did take my eldest to a reserve game at the Goldstone when he was 6 months (in a sling under my overcoat).

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Dad took me once to the Goldstone some time before 68. But really started going with my school mates in 68. Blue shirts white sleeves. 14 then.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Same for me. As I said earlier I first went when I was 8 in 1966. I'd just moved into the area (Lancing) and I went with some new friends from my new school. The first time we went with some older boys - they were nine. No adults involved at all. And do you know what? We didn't get lost, murdered, abused by paedophiles or abducted by aliens. As you say, if a group of unaccompanied 8/9 year olds turned up at the Amex now there would be a witch hunt and the parents would probably be prosecuted.

Great post. Reminds me of how, just before my eleventh birthday, my Great Uncle Harry gave me his Sussex CCC members badge and sent me (alone and on foot) from Second Avenue to the County Ground to watch some cricket! Unbelievably the stewards let me in and showed me the way to the Pavilion. Hooked there and then, especially when grown-up Members bought me sweets and ice-cream on finding out I was Harry's Great Nephew! Would never happen today. Fifty seasons later I'm still a Member and have never forgotten the kindness shown to the shy and somewhat solitary little boy that I was. I've always sat as close to my very first viewpoint as possible.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
10 years of age. 20th March 1994. Leyton Orient @ home. 2-0 Brighton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
1964 age 7 with my Dad. Stood on a box in north west corner of the Goldstone with my wooden rattle ( which would now be classified as an offensive weapon!). I Remember the half time results were announced by putting numbers against the a-z board on the perimeter wall, checked against the a-z list in the programme - then someone invented the internet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1966? 23 years old and newly married and agreed with wife I would score if Brighton did. We scored 10 in the cup against Wisbech and 9 the following week at home to Southend. I think that she still owes me 4.:)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Thing is, the F.A.Cup final day used to be MASSIVE.
And the Albion turned up in a ****ing helicopter

....and there were counts at my school in Eastbourne who STILL supported ****ing Forest.

Souless twats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here