Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Stoke City *** Official Match Thread ***

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I'm absolutely loving that table right now, we might have lost a spot on Watford but those stats are great, so far we're currently the best performing promoted club, 3 points clear of being the top club on the South Coast, in the top 10, even GD, 7 points above relegation, and 11 points above Palace.

No point celebrating over it too much, but we can enjoy it while it lasts.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
DPHIzJ5XkAAws2f.jpg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Table does look good at the moment, big game coming up though.
I'm going to plum for a 1 - 1 result, in the hope that our defense returns and we nick an equaliser in injury time.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I think there was an element of bad luck with our defending which was admittedly poor. First of theirs I think came off Dunk and fell kindly, good finish though. Second looped up kindly off Brunos back. I'm worried about Brunos man marking, Everton and here we lost goals due to him watching the player and ignoring the ball.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Agree with all your comments. Some uncharacteristically slack defending by Dunk and Duffy and the same general lethargy shown throughout the team as the Albion always used to show off the back of one of those wretched international breaks. The continual time wasting by the Stoke keeper went unpunished by a woeful referee, as did the pitiful three-act farce that passed for their goal celebrations. Imagine having to watch that crap every week as well as having to live in Stoke.

Really don't understand why the referee did not step in at this point because of the time wasting and more importantly the provocation of the fans, especially in that north west corner. Should have been 2 bookings or at least for the second one who just carried on after the first.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Table does look good at the moment, big game coming up though.
I'm going to plum for a 1 - 1 result, in the hope that our defense returns and we nick an equaliser in injury time.

I'm hoping we beat Palarse....if you are referring to the other game ..the one on Saturday, personally I don't think we've got a chance

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are Stoke one if not the worst footballing side in the league with no skill whatsoever and reliant on giants and route one bully boy tactics. They are still the same as they always have been when they had Rory Delap throwing long balls into our box. At least we only have to watch them once a season at The Amex.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are Stoke one if not the worst footballing side in the league with no skill whatsoever and reliant on giants and route one bully boy tactics. They are still the same as they always have been when they had Rory Delap throwing long balls into our box. At least we only have to watch them once a season at The Amex.

To be fair, they've evolved ever so slightly from the Rory Delap days. Nowadays their game appears to revolve around killer corners which caused our usually efficient defence no end of problems.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm hoping we beat Palarse....if you are referring to the other game ..the one on Saturday, personally I don't think we've got a chance

Palace had no chance against Chelsea either did they, I think that will be a few shocks this season and I hope a couple go our way.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton

I'd say Shaqiri is very 'anti-Stoke'. Very skillful player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here