Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New seats below Sky lounge

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
It looks very much like the segregation Is a huge thick bit of glass with a hand rain fixed to it, splitting the stairs for access. I guess this is preferable to the daft material that covers a few seats to keep fans separate. Also if permanent segregation, no need to lose the seats the material normally covers in that section it will allow more tickets to be sold. Smart move.

Capture.PNG

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Would it not make sense to sell these seats to Joe Public as Prime seats when Amex or Sky do not require them at certain matches?

Dunno, Its an Amex Lounge. I'd imagine that Amex have sole use of the Lounge as part of a long term agreement. Can't imagine that they would want Joe Public coming through the lounge to get to the seats even if they weren't utilising them. I'm not sure whichever broadcaster (SKY, BT etc) is using the TV studio has any rights on the external seats, which I'm pretty sure are just for users of the Amex Lounge.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Dunno, Its an Amex Lounge. I'd imagine that Amex have sole use of the Lounge as part of a long term agreement. Can't imagine that they would want Joe Public coming through the lounge to get to the seats even if they weren't utilising them. I'm not sure whichever broadcaster (SKY, BT etc) is using the TV studio has any rights on the external seats, which I'm pretty sure are just for users of the Amex Lounge.

Cardmembers can access the lounge too

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Anyone know why there is there a gap to the left, i.e. why not make the lounge a few feet wider to fit flush with the ESU/L?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
So home fans in half that area segregated by that glass wall with away fans occupying the other half?

The whole block is for home fans. Looking at the image, last season this was only half of S1A, but now it's the whole of S1A as the other half is now part of S1B (away block). The segregation glass would be to the left of the letters on the right where the stairs are.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It looks very much like the segregation Is a huge thick bit of glass with a hand rain fixed to it, splitting the stairs for access. I guess this is preferable to the daft material that covers a few seats to keep fans separate. Also if permanent segregation, no need to lose the seats the material normally covers in that section it will allow more tickets to be sold. Smart move.

View attachment 89037

I can imagine that when our vandalising friends from Norwood visit, there'll be a sizeable gap of seats too, with the obligatory police and stewards placed in the gap.

el punal

This will make up for the seats lost at the back of WSU.

Did we lose any seats at the back of WSU? There was always an area of no-seating at the back of D and F Block from when the Amex opened for providing media facilities as and when required, which of course was put in place in the last couple of seasons.

Feel free to thrash me if I'm talking complete bollocks!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Did we lose any seats at the back of WSU? There was always an area of no-seating at the back of D and F Block from when the Amex opened for providing media facilities as and when required, which of course was put in place in the last couple of seasons.

No lost seats only ADDED ones for the media a la the Rugby World Cup games.

There were two/three empty concrete steps at the very back. Guessing media seats don't count towards the fire safety cert.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

There were two/three empty concrete steps at the very back. Guessing media seats don't count towards the fire safety cert.

My mistake then. I hadn’t noticed it before the Man City game and it looked like they had built a whole new media thing along the back where I assumed there had been seats before.

Basically this. Remember doing the Stadium tour about five years ago when it was still just the concrete steps, and they mentioned that it was media overflow specifically with The Rugby World Cup and the possibility of Premier League football in mind.

As far as I can recall, the only times it's been used for our games prior to this season was Arsenal in the FA Cup in 2015 and for the last few home games last season.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm surprised the Northeast corner access tunnel doesn't have a fancy cover, like Wembley. Would be a ideal sponsorship opportunity, and improve the look.IMG_20170909_105858.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
From first glance surely some of those seats towards the rear of the NW corner will have a restricted view?

Just booked seats at the back underneath the Sky box so will find out soon enough. Any one been under there yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here