Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I am sticking my neck out and saying 2 in before Man City and 2 after(maybe a cheeky deadline day loan if we haven't commited to one by then)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't think that one player, crocked at that, would have made an iota of difference.

Yes silly me, IF Neto had not been injured and we'd have signed him then I imagine you're probably right. The club only chased him for 3 years, were set to make him our record signing and fill a position of need. But nah, not one IOTA of difference would have been made by bringing him in if he was fit.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Agreed.

Our pre-season is over in less than a week before we prepare our first match. It must be hard for those that toe the line to admit that the 'bedwetters' ended up having a legitimate cause for concern, irrational at times they may be but I would argue anybody who claims that at the end of last season they didn't think we'd be further along in our transfer business at this point in time, is not being entirely honest.

I would expect a CM to be signed early this week, as surely we wouldn't have shipped Norwood out otherwise. Personally I think the quality of this signing will set the trend for what's coming.

This is pretty much where I am. I am surprised we aren't further along at this point particularly as the two key signings in midfield and up front have yet to be filled and that we have been planning for this for a while. In the case of Norwood I was convinced we would not have let him go without a replacement being signed in the short term.
I have my doubts that any will be in before city.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton talked again in the argus about Ince, Towell and LuaLua going out on loan.

That leaves 4 over 21 places to fill, so if we get Ales Mateju that means a total of 5 to still recruit.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is pretty much where I am. I am surprised we aren't further along at this point particularly as the two key signings in midfield and up front have yet to be filled and that we have been planning for this for a while. In the case of Norwood I was convinced we would not have let him go without a replacement being signed in the short term.
I have my doubts that any will be in before city.

If reports coming out the Czechia or whatever it's called are to be believed we look to be close to signing Aleš Matějů. IF

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes silly me, IF Neto had not been injured and we'd have signed him then I imagine you're probably right. The club only chased him for 3 years, were set to make him our record signing and fill a position of need. But nah, not one IOTA of difference would have been made by bringing him in if he was fit.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I think Neto would have been a massive signing (as we've clearly been scouting him for a long time). I feel really sorry for the club with that one as we'd persuaded him to join from the sound of it so it was just the medical. Just that one signing (so even if we got a CM in this week) would make a huge difference to the current team.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Young PLzen RB is now being tweeted about by Naylor. Looks very much a dev squad signing though!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Ales is Dev Squad, are we still signing another 1st team right back ?

Not so sure we will be.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Presumably Ales is Development squad, but with the view that he has the quality to step up if he is needed.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So do I, but Naylor says Dev squad.

Will we really sign another right back as well ?

I think we will be signing 3 or 4 more player BEFORE the City game. Maybe one or two after. The question will be then...have we signed the right players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here