Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Negative" support

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely, and we all did. I'll let [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] fill you in on how that worked out for him though, should he want to.

Oh, and (too much information alert. You may click 'back' now if you know what's good for you)......

shortly after, I had one of the most comprehensive shits of my defecatory career. It was truly emotional.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh, and (too much information alert. You may click 'back' now if you know what's good for you)......

shortly after, I had one of the most comprehensive shits of my defecatory career. It was truly emotional.

Were you still asleep?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I love it when the working class snobs get snobby about the types of character going to their football games.

Also, being working class doesn't equate to you being brought up without any manners or class. And rich people are just as capable of making wanker signs as poor people are of being offended by them.
Working class snobs? :shrug:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Working class snobs? :shrug:

Yes, it is a thing:

snob
snɒb/Submit
noun
plural noun: snobs
a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and looks down on those regarded as socially inferior.
"her mother was a snob and wanted a lawyer as a son-in-law"

a person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people.
"a musical snob"

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Yeah I hate that 'XXXXX's a shit hole, I wanna go home' chant. It sounds so dour and whingey. Go on then, off you **** you miserable *****.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes, it is a thing:

snob
snɒb/Submit
noun
plural noun: snobs
a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and looks down on those regarded as socially inferior.
"her mother was a snob and wanted a lawyer as a son-in-law"

a person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people.
"a musical snob"
Dion’t be a dick mate

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
offended.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You seem to have forgotten to mention the calzone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Its funny but we all judge a city based on a very small part of it. I would imagine there a fair few who visit the Amex, drive and park in Coldean/Moulsecomb and come away thinking Brighton is a total shithole.

I judge Liverpool on the redeveloped dock area which we always go to pre or post match, but again that's only a small area of the city. Most of thee cities are now really good in the developed areas but further out are a mess. Leeds, Manchester, London, Liverpool, Newcastle all match this.

I walked from where we were staying in Bootle, into the City Centre and all around, over to the docks, and then from the docks to Anfield, then from Anfield back to Bootle - tend to see a lot more on foot. Apart from a few slightly run-down streets in and around Bootle, most of it was pretty OK, and much of it very nice. City centre is great, as are the docks. Stanley Park was clean and well maintained. Even Bootle, where we stayed, is clearly being rapidly developed (used to be a proper shithole).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
ps) I'd add, if it hasn't been mentioned yet the song "you're just a small town in....". I was thankful that we didn't suffer that one on Monday night that I heard.

Equally note to some that the song "just like Brighton your City is blue" works for Manchester, it quite blatantly does not work for Liverpool, but yet some idiots were still singing it at Anfield. Take a long hard look at yourselves...

What's wrong with that? Does every chant have to be 100% accurate and taken literally?

Isn't the idea just to wind the opposing fans up sometimes?

Pretty sure Stephens and Propper have given the ball away more than a number of times (as pointed out every time the song starts up by a couple of clever *****), and I'm not about to petrol bomb selhurst park either.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Watched the game from dubai on bein sports and the albion fans were very vocal after the Duffys goal. Commentators mentioned several times that the Fans were making a huge effort to lift the team. Kudos

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Its funny but we all judge a city based on a very small part of it. I would imagine there a fair few who visit the Amex, drive and park in Coldean/Moulsecomb and come away thinking Brighton is a total shithole.

I judge Liverpool on the redeveloped dock area which we always go to pre or post match, but again that's only a small area of the city. Most of thee cities are now really good in the developed areas but further out are a mess. Leeds, Manchester, London, Liverpool, Newcastle all match this.

I think we’re all getting a bit precious about. As others have pointed out, it’s not meant literally and more so fans views are typically fixed, somewhat out of date and in accordance with a stereotype whether it ever had or has any remaining basis or not. Thus we’ll always be gay, every town in the north ‘grim’, Croydon eternally full of less than clever arsonists and Reading a magnet for tin pots.
That’s just the way it is, when two tribes go to war. Without malice though. Because there really isn’t any

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here