Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our first £1 mill player?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So not the nurse, just a top surgeon. Fair enough. Would you pay to watch them 20 times a year, or would it be a one off?

I'd imagined you'd get the nurse as part of the surgeon price. Can't be a top surgeon without top nurses in there as well.

Probably just a one off. Once you've seen one triple bypass you've probably seen them all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably just a one off. Once you've seen one triple bypass you've probably seen them all.
And that's why we get the huge wage differences.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think we got £900K for Robinson too - it was a few years after his move to Man City and prices generally has risen. And, tbf, Liverpool were a big club and didn't shaft smaller clubs when they took one of their players - always paid a fair price.

You could be right about Robbo, but I thought it was far less, we seemed to be selling off the big earners on the cheap, Fozzy to Villa 250 -350k Stevens to Spurs something similar, although none of us were aware at the time, it seems (looking back) that the board already knew what was to come over the next decade or so.

I remember the commentators on the cup final saying something about the likes of Foster and Robinson being on 10 year contracts, so I think we took a hit on their fees just to get them off the books.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought we paid the big money for Gary Williams and Lawrenson was a make weight, either way it worked out well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No. Lawrenson was definitely the 'main attraction'.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
100k was still a lot of dough at the time, Liverpool were after him too iirc but wouldn't match our offer.

Not so much they couldn't match our offer, but they felt he wasn't quite ready yet. They felt he could benefit with a season or two in the 2nd division as opposed to going straight from the 3rd to the 1st. He was still very young.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here