Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youtube footage of Brighton/Liverpool 1984 FA Cup win - gone?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have definitely watched highlights of this on Youtube before, just had a quick look today and they appear to have all been 'cleared off', removed, or 'no longer available'. Is that the case, or am I just being thick and not looking in the right place? Was a cracking afternoon, that one.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Terry Connor and Gerry Ryan! Ron Atkinson nearly swallowed his false teeth.I can't find them now either.:(
Video,not false teeth.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Memorable match, can still see Gerry Ryan lifting the second over the advancing keeper. Sweet!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The footage has been moved onto the club's Seagulls TV, so you now have the privilege of paying to watch the highlights - CLASSIC LIVERPOOL ENCOUNTERS ON SEAGULLS TV

But don't worry, Seagulls TV has been running without hitch since the pre-season games, and they also show ALL the U-23 home games live.* :nono:

*This is not a true statement.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The footage has been moved onto the club's Seagulls TV, so you now have the privilege of paying to watch the highlights - CLASSIC LIVERPOOL ENCOUNTERS ON SEAGULLS TV

But don't worry, Seagulls TV has been running without hitch since the pre-season games, and they also show ALL the U-23 home games live.* :nono:

*This is not a true statement.

Suspected as much. Progress, eh? Gotta love it. But it's a bit expensive.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Its on bttv, one of my greatest goldstone days,,young drunk foolish casual.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Can they do that? Wasn't it BBC coverage - so how have the club got the rights to it? And does it mean that gradually all the other games available on YouTube will also be moved?

You probably missed this thread from a few weeks ago when NSC'er [MENTION=12839]Goldstone Rapper[/MENTION] was "encouraged" to remove the almost 500 videos of highlights from his excellent www.seagulls.tv website - Just read this on facebook

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just find it sickening that all this classic footage has gone probably forever. Almost all the old vids are from before the Premier League ever existed. First its was Chazzy BHA, now Goldstone Rapper

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And the club have the cheek to call their channel Seagulls TV and want me to supply them with the same videos they’ve asked me to take down...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I haven’t supplied the club with any footage. So if it’s on their website, I think you’ll be able to readily find it elsewhere. All they’ve done is downloaded it from somewhere and put it behind their paywall.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I’ve not supplied the club with any footage so anything they put behind their paywall that is from the Goldstone era is readily available elsewhere on the internet if you look around.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I’ve not supplied the club with any footage so anything they put behind their paywall that is from the Goldstone era is readily available elsewhere on the internet if you look around.

Good on you .

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
For example, they put the 3-1 game with Everton in 1981/82 on their pay site but it’s free to view on YouTube.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For example, they put the 3-1 game with Everton in 1981/82 on their pay site but it’s free to view on YouTube.

Each time they put a clip on their paywall site you should post replies with links to the free versions, do it on here, FB and Twitter, and anywhere else you can think of, ad-nauseam.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here