Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays ref Stuart Attwell

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just watched MOTD which I recorded and am even more convinced that it was an accident as Kolisniac never took his eyes off of the ball and was watching it when they collided.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Also, why don't some ref / assistant combos give foul throws? There was on that Wilshere took in front of the West which was one of the most blatant foul throws I've seen in some time. He was walking onto the pitch as he threw it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Also, why don't some ref / assistant combos give foul throws? There was on that Wilshere took in front of the West which was one of the most blatant foul throws I've seen in some time. He was walking onto the pitch as he threw it.

I was told by a top ref they have been told to ignore them in order to keep the game flowing unless the offending team gains a great advantage.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was told by a top ref they have been told to ignore them in order to keep the game flowing unless the offending team gains a great advantage.

How come Serge Aurier was done for 3 in the Palace match? Also, how do you gain an advantage from a foul throw - unless they're referring to stealing yards down the line?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have just watched MOTD which I recorded and am even more convinced that it was an accident as Kolisniac never took his eyes off of the ball and was watching it when they collided.

The reason it wasn't an accident is because if you watch Kolisniac he looks at Schelotto long enough to judge exactly what he was doing. Schelotto doesn't look at Kolisniac once and is completely focussed on the ball. Once Kolisniac sees Schelotto, he knows what he's going to do, take Schelotto out with his shoulder, and can look at the ball while that is happening because he knows he won't get hurt leading with his shoulder.

I realise it is futile me telling you this, but I thought I would anyway.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
An old Div 1 ref Ray Lewis but I doubt if the advice has been changed in recent times judging by the number of times it happens.

He stopped refereeing in 1993....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The reason it wasn't an accident is because if you watch Kolisniac he looks at Schelotto long enough to judge exactly what he was doing. Schelotto doesn't look at Kolisniac once and is completely focussed on the ball. Once Kolisniac sees Schelotto, he knows what he's going to do, take Schelotto out with his shoulder, and can look at the ball while that is happening because he knows he won't get hurt leading with his shoulder.

That is your opinion and I disagree as did the ref and lino, stood some yards away with a good view, and nothing was made of it on MOTD by Shearer and Gullitt so they didnt consider it worthy of emphasis or a card.

The telling point will be if retro action is taken as Dermot Gallacher, who was one of the worst ever refs, says it should have been a red card apparemtly

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex

exactly - it really is noticeable that Kolasinac is looking at Schelotto and actually raises his shoulder just before contact - it was quite deliberate

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Pierluigi Collina would have called it right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Schelotto was never ever getting past, Kolasinac made sure of that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That is your opinion and I disagree as did the ref and lino, stood some yards away with a good view, and nothing was made of it on MOTD by Shearer and Gullitt so they didnt consider it worthy of emphasis or a card.

The telling point will be if retro action is taken as Dermot Gallacher, who was one of the worst ever refs, says it should have been a red card apparemtly

I think the Arsenal player knew exactly what he was doing, in terms of ‘roughing up’ Schelotto.

Yellow card for me.

The fact that MOTD didn’t mention it is irrelevant for me. I would argue that the BT coverage mentioned it, and felt straight red. So differing opinions by ex-pro’s......... nothing new there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the Arsenal player knew exactly what he was doing, in terms of ‘roughing up’ Schelotto.

Yellow card for me.

The fact that MOTD didn’t mention it is irrelevant for me. I would argue that the BT coverage mentioned it, and felt straight red. So differing opinions by ex-pro’s......... nothing new there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. It was a cowardly and totally unnecessary shoulder charge.

MOTD2 in limited time had enough on its plate with our great play and laughing at Arsenal.

In any case, you always get the old pals Act in defending violence by players.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
16d27e7004009d70f2336eeba0fcdc9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here