Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karl Robinson approached by Albion

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Whenever MK Dons are on TV, I make sure I watch them, as I enjoy the way they play football.

I'd love to enjoy watching the Albion play good football again.

Therefore, I'd be very happy if we appointed Robinson.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Exactly, we probably have, but no one is willing to give it a try. How about Bent & CMS for starters? CMS to do the running, Bent to stick it in the onion bag :rave:

Can't see CMS coming back, although he doesn't appear to have set the world alight at Peterborough. I'd imagine a 350k - 500k fee will see him stay there as he's out of contract in the summer. Same for O'Grady although he's not out of contract but get rid to free up some wages. We desperately need Bent to stay.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is this based on your opinion or have you spoken to fans? My sister and her family and her friends are all Dons fans and they completely disagree with you. Im told they are even more FTP conscious than we are.

I'm with London Irish on this. In my case it is an assumption admittedly, but neither Bullard, Alan Smith or Fletcher would have been on a bulk standard league 1 salary I would suggest, so yes he has been given the chance to succeed.

They have had a good cup run this year, but really, other than whine when we beat them in that division, what else has he done?

If we are looking at League 1 managers, I would prefer the Swindon manager.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not the 'marquee' manager or one that gets the juices flowing, but i'm willing to give him a fair crack before judging him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't see CMS coming back, although he doesn't appear to have set the world alight at Peterborough. I'd imagine a 350k - 500k fee will see him stay there as he's out of contract in the summer. Same for O'Grady although he's not out of contract but get rid to free up some wages. We desperately need Bent to stay.

CMS told the local paper up there he is coming back to fight to get in our team on a regular basis. A new manager makes this more likely as he would possibly play a different system, unless of course it was NJ appointed permanent manager.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This would be thoroughly underwhelming.

No track record as a manager at this level. No track record as a player at any level, therefore not much of a profile in the game. They might play some pretty football, but he's had 4-5 years to get MK Dons out of League One, and failed.

What he is though, is someone of the "I'm just glad to be here" variety, who will happily work within the recruitment constraints that BHA will impose on him. He's someone who can bring in (or will be allowed to bring in) the more "modest" targets, the L1 standard players to which we have become very much accustomed to getting over the last 12-18 months, and who he is of course already familair with.

Sadly, this really looks like a go-er.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
He's got dance moves.

1579280829-04092010144558.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nonsense they have a midtable budget at league one level
Nope - very few teams in League 1 have money - would have had top 6 all his time there
Does anyone here have the factual details of MK's budget, and where it ranked in L1?

It's quite an important factor in how well he's managed - has he been producing a decent team on a shoe string, or has he simply failed to gain promotion year after year, despite having a top playing budget?

Last edited:

Gonna take a chill pill, has been many many years since something Albion related has wound me up as much as this :lolol:

The emperor's new clothes aspect is amazing but then again this is from the club that bought Sam Baldock for 2 million quid, so nothing should surprise us these days.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
This would be thoroughly underwhelming.

No track record as a manager at this level. No track record as a player at any level, therefore not much of a profile in the game. They might play some pretty football, but he's had 4-5 years to get MK Dons out of League One, and failed.

What he is though, is someone of the "I'm just glad to be here" variety, who will happily work within the recruitment constraints that BHA will impose on him. He's someone who can bring in (or will be allowed to bring in) the more "modest" targets, the L1 standard players to which we have become very much accustomed to getting over the last 12-18 months, and who he is of course already familair with.

Sadly, this really looks like a go-er.

Gary Rowett hadn't managed at this level before taking the Birmingham job and seems to be doing okay. Poyet had never managed at any level. Don't care for playing record too much, didn't do Hyypia much good.

Any club after having some success is going to have to move players on, he's replaced them, kept their identity and is now having another crack at it. The financial backing there is over exaggerated, whilst Bournemouth were losing 8 million getting promoted, MK Dons were turning a 2 million profit.

He doesn't strike me as a "glad to be here" type who'll just happily work within the constraints. He always comes across as pretty passionate in his match interviews. He can be a bit of a prick and I'm not 100% sure if he's the man to have an immediate effect on the team. They would be my main concerns.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
We can go two ways as a club, please a few fans and go and get a named manager, although the ones being talked about, have had big budgets to spend on players.
Or they can look to build a competitive squad and get a young up and coming manager like Bournemouth did and spend money wisely, I think people have to understand that Tony is not going to pump huge amounts of money into the club.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Does anyone here have the factual details of MK's budget, and where it ranked in L1?

MK players wages under 3 million a year (source: newspaper reports when they knocked Man U out of the league cup a couple of months ago)

No idea where that ranks in L1, but it works out at 50-60k a week, around 2k per player on average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here