Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lighthouse Cafe Bar - Worthing

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Had the same problem at the Courtyard in Brighton once. Walked out after fifteen minutes and hadn't even been given a menu. Others seem to have had a better experience there though.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
May I recommend you rate all restaurants on TripAdvisor. I do and use it all the time when out of town, as a guide on where and where not to eat. It sharply focusses the owners of this sort of establishment. If they genuinely want to serve good food in a pleasant atmosphere then they will sit up and take notice.

TNBA

TTF

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I thought it was owned by the owner of the Ardington (he certainly had it recently), and he is a massive cockwomble of the highest order. If he still is involved with the place, I wouldn't be surprised.

Another place to avoid in Warwick St is the new "Thieves Kitchen" - trading off former glories with the name, it's a mishmash of "Shabby Chic" (i.e Shit tat) and overpriced undercooked food served by hipsters. It annoys me massively, because they have a very decent range of ales and craft beers, and if it wasn't quite such an aching douche pit I'd go in there.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If checking on Trip Advisor you need to filter out some of the comments, which is difficult. However I know from experience that there are people who write some horrendous reviews without even going in the place, purely based on some personal issue with the owners.
Trolls with a grudge.

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Second to clicking your fingers at a waitress?
And third to getting no service at all?

Went to wimpy today (not been there for over 10 years) and pretty decent, although quite expensive. Service was very good but not very busy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As my son was taught by his tutor at Westminster Catering College if a customer clicked their fingers just tell them it takes more than two fingers to make me come.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Got dragged to Worthing by the wife and daughter last weekend on the promise of a breakfast. They took me to Cafe Traditionale in south street ? Absolutely superb breakfast with Egg, bacon, sausage, Bubble and Squeak, black pudding, mushrooms. The sausage and coffee were both good quality and although i can't remember the prices, the total bill was surprisingly small. Highly recommended

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Joint run by a good friend of mine Alan May, top bloke and massive Albion fan home and away. Every time I have been in there it has been top notch, great food etc. don't think you are being fair to hide behind a keyboard and moan on here and put off potential customers. What, did you lose the use of your voice when you was in there? You should be ashamed of yourself, moaning to others and not even bothering to speak to them first!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Got dragged to Worthing by the wife and daughter last weekend on the promise of a breakfast. They took me to Cafe Traditionale in south street ? Absolutely superb breakfast with Egg, bacon, sausage, Bubble and Squeak, black pudding, mushrooms. The sausage and coffee were both good quality and although i can't remember the prices, the total bill was surprisingly small. Highly recommended

If that is the one going South just past Tesco local on the right it is very good

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Joint run by a good friend of mine Alan May, top bloke and massive Albion fan home and away. Every time I have been in there it has been top notch, great food etc. don't think you are being fair to hide behind a keyboard and moan on here and put off potential customers. What, did you lose the use of your voice when you was in there? You should be ashamed of yourself, moaning to others and not even bothering to speak to them first!

Bit harsh. Seems to be a genuine issue. If it was me I'd have just gone up to the bar / till to make the order, but surely anywhere would want feedback as to how they could improve ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought it was owned by the owner of the Ardington (he certainly had it recently), and he is a massive cockwomble of the highest order. If he still is involved with the place, I wouldn't be surprised.

Another place to avoid in Warwick St is the new "Thieves Kitchen" - trading off former glories with the name, it's a mishmash of "Shabby Chic" (i.e Shit tat) and overpriced undercooked food served by hipsters. It annoys me massively, because they have a very decent range of ales and craft beers, and if it wasn't quite such an aching douche pit I'd go in there.

The cafe opposite has taken the name Thieves Kitchen. Presumably you are referring to the former pub?

If it is the cafe (previously Wright's) you couldn't be more wrong regarding the food. Just wouldn't want NSC to avoid the Thieves Kitchen cafe. :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surprise surprise, mates of owner sticking up for him....

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
May I recommend you rate all restaurants on TripAdvisor. I do and use it all the time when out of town, as a guide on where and where not to eat. It sharply focusses the owners of this sort of establishment. If they genuinely want to serve good food in a pleasant atmosphere then they will sit up and take notice.

TNBA

TTF

Do people really take notice of these type of websites> they actually report back the're experience after going out for something to eat ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here