Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

What the **** is the problem with some of you? We’re playing ARSENAL away - some of you are so negative it’s actually sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, but Arsenal defence has more holes than Swiss cheese , if we can be a bit braver and stop treating the ball like a hot potato we much just nick something

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Missing Hemed, Brown not putting in a shift, giving them too much time at the back

From what I saw which was only the last 15 of the half he looked good at receiving the ball on the halfway line and distributing out wide.

Thought we looked pretty good for the short time I have watched when I got home. AK still on the bench as is Murray. Just need to stay in the game for 15 minutes in the second half and then make some changes. Unfortunately CH can't make tactical substitutions before 70 mins

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
From the little I can see thanks to the shit view from my seat (shallow rake and tallest supporter in the ground in front of me!) we have done OK apart from some sloppy passing and I fancy us to get a goal second half.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
some very jittery play from all the back 4....howlers from bong & bruno.......if we can settle the ship we can get something from this game , we looked ok last 15 but jesus there is some poor decision making going on out there.
Howlers from Stephens and Duffy, if you are singling out Bruno and bong!!

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Good game of football. Arsenal been OK maybe should of got a couple more one from dunk mistake and the Ryan save but on the same side of the coin we had a few decent attempts. Causing them problems out wide. Been impressed with what we have done just need to be cut out a few mistakes at the back when over playing.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not as bad as made out on here.

We are making mistakes because we are trying too hard not to make mistakes, if you see what I mean. We need to be more confident on the ball and try the more searching passes in their half of the pitch. According to the commentators, Brown is making some fantastic runs off the ball but our midfielders are ignoring him, presumably because they are too scared of making a mistake. But we have created more in that half than we did in the whole of the game against Man City.and we are only 1-0 down. We can get something from this - the players just need to be a bit braver on the ball.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm reasonably happy with the scoreline. It should be about 3-1, and so being only 1-0 down isn't a disaster.
If this is still 1-0 after 75 mins the home fans will start getting very twitchy.
I do feel we have a goal in us somewhere (March or Izquierdo)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
To be honest I thought we had a reasonable half there, we just need to stop creating problems for ourselves. If I was the manager I'd have Bong off and Suttner on as I'm seeing Bong as a liability.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Pamper are dry here.

Playing well, look dangerous, unlucky not to be square IMO. I don't expect to turn them over, but we could sneak a draw. A bit of sloppiness here and there, but we are giving a good account of ourselves, great match so far. Bring on 'The Greyhound'.

:albion2:

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Any one see Dunks run back when they counter attacked our corner? Love him

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Excellent half. Getting a few chances, still in the game, several corners. Even if we get nothing from this (as has always been very likely) lots of promise for the games to come against less talented teams. Some good touches from Brown, promising moments from Izquierdo, Ryan settled in nicely, Solly looking the part, Propper useful.... good stuff. If we can stay in it until the 70th minute, might be time to have a go.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be honest I thought we had a reasonable half there, we just need to stop creating problems for ourselves. If I was the manager I'd have Bong off and Suttner on as I'm seeing Bong as a liability.

Personally think he’s playing better than Bruno...Suttners had a steady start to the season though

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It seems like a bit of a confidence issue, just need to try and be a little more positive in everything we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here