Votes: 73 37.2%
  • Fake

Votes: 98 50.0%
  • No tree to see here

Votes: 25 12.8%

• Total voters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
the seagull-eyed amongst you might notice that the decorations are only present above a certain height. That height is the exact reach of my toddlers, when standing on a trike. Or toy pram. Or wooden garage. Or each other.

After putting a bauble back on the tree 500 times you just give up. The decorations are in a pile on the window sill.

View attachment 80239

Yeah but your happy enough for them to chew on the light bulbs:lolol:

Fake for us, cost £35 in sales after Christmas four years ago, looks realistic packs away no needles all over the place and another chore less in disposing of the old tree and hoovering out the car after disposal.

Whats not to like complete no brainer. :thumbsup:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Real. I have some 'Associates' who provide the tree. They turned up this year and said 'it might be a bit big'. I put it in the stand, cut the netting off and it was like a scene from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
0adb22a31081d0ecece301901406840b.jpg
3016abd7a6a2b9a9c12ea2122a4f871e.jpg

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
3 trees, one 6 ft Nordmann in the family room, one 6ft artificial in the lounge and a small white artificial tree in the dining room

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've not even bothered this year

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Real, bought yesterday, perfect timing we were the only people at the Xmas Tree place :thumbsup:

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
How often do you need to water a Christmas tree? Got no chance of checking how dry it is, as it is a) laden with stuff and b) spiky

This year we are rocking the worlds most lavish Christmas Tree holder, which shows you exactly how much water you need courtesy of a gauge on the top. It really is the most unnecessary gadget. And the answer seems to be about a measuring jug a day - more than you'd think but must be working as no needles on the floor yet.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've always gone real until last year, when we bought a 6 foot fake tree with snow effect. It's a fine addition to the household, and was the cost of 2 trees so pays for itself

In terms of WHEN to put up the tree. You are meant to put the tree up at the start of Advent - which this year fell on Sunday, November 27.

Strictly speaking, Advent is all about preparation for Christmas. The tree should be placed and decorated after 6pm on Christmas Eve to last until 5th January which is the 12 days of Christmas.
Then again, who is strict about Christmas?

Fake, it's more economical, but then again my manic cat broke ours last year by launching herself from the bookshelf. I have considered giving her the baubles to play with and to leave the tree with lights only.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a SHIT disappointing thread, given the title [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. I was all ready for 7 different pairs of tits and ready to play the game :(

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Had hoped to go for a real tree this year but they're all too BIG. Anyone seen anyone Worthing way selling more modestly proportioned specimens (eg about 3ft wide and 4ft and a bit tall)? :xmas:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here