Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Rotherham MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Busy week this...

Another thoroughly enjoyable evening. Read about it if you want: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?619-Albion-3-0-Rotherham-United-16-08-2016

Before the crowd had settled, or the Millers’ had caught their breath, the lead was doubled. Excellent goal too – Glenn Murray and Tomer Hemed’s intricate one-two (-three) breaking down in the box, but Rotherham failing to properly clear the ball. It was fed back out to the over-lapping Liam Rosenior, who clipped in a first time waist-high cross, for Murray to athletically turn home, past the helpless Camp. Three in three for the returning hero / sulky Northern turncoat (delete as appropriate). Who would we be playing this weekend if his preening Ken-doll manager had let him come in January?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Two good wins so can't complain. What i do miss is a packed away end. All the away attendances so far have been pathetic. Love seeing a rammed Amex

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Two good wins so can't complain. What i do miss is a packed away end. All the away attendances so far have been pathetic. Love seeing a rammed Amex

Pathetic ?
On the equivalent fixture last season Albion had 478 away at the John Smith/Huddersfield (Rotherham had nearly 300 last night on a Tuesday night).
At Ipswich last season in August we had about 1100 on a Saturday afternoon. Forest had more (slightly) more here on a Friday night last week.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

380 mile trip on Friday evening and 450 mile trip on a Tuesday evening FFS how many do you expect to come. Would you have gone to either or both had they been away??

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Pathetic ?
On the equivalent fixture last season Albion had 478 away at the John Smith/Huddersfield (Rotherham had nearly 300 last night on a Tuesday night).
At Ipswich last season in August we had about 1100 on a Saturday afternoon. Forest had more (slightly) more here on a Friday night last week.
High ticket prices at the tractor tramps don't help.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
".... for Murray to athletically turn home, past the helpless Camp. Three in three for the returning hero / sulky Northern turncoat (delete as appropriate). Who would we be playing this weekend if his preening Ken-doll manager had let him come in January?"

That's just what I was thinking.

Great report. Thank you.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Pathetic ?

Sorry but the 'pathetic' was a bit over the top, unnecessarily rude, for Christ sake, can't posters make any reasonable comment on here without being ridiculed. ???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sorry but the 'pathetic' was a bit over the top, unnecessarily rude, for Christ sake, can't posters make any reasonable comment on here without being ridiculed. ???

Perhaps but should be directed at Spence who i was responding to and i'm sure was just being a tad hyperbolic/over the top. And i, in return was being my usual pompous self in correcting him ;)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Google translate Japanese to English "Ace scored , the goal of both the FW of the starting lineup . Provisional an ideal win first place ! #bha"

el punal

Please, put it into perspective. The match against Nottingham Forest was moved from Saturday to Friday night. No trains were due to run because of the RMT strike. Those two factors alone would have put paid to a lot of away fans efforts to attend. With Rotherham, not the best supported side in the division, again the problems of heading to and from the south coast for a mid-week evening fixture would also be apparent. Fair play to both Forest and Rotherham fans who did make it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Exile, is there any chance you can go and work for the Argus, or at least, go in and show them how to write a proper match report?
Always, one of the week's highlights for me, keep up the great work.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I have a lot of time for these reports. Quite articulate and captivating. I take it with the written word you was learned proper

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good report ... and pleased to see that you agree with me that Bruno was MoM.

I'd forgotten about the new yellow card/penalty ruling too, thanks for pointing it out

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Great report as ever

Good read. Thanks!

Exile, is there any chance you can go and work for the Argus, or at least, go in and show them how to write a proper match report?
Always, one of the week's highlights for me, keep up the great work.

Thank you for the kind words.

FWIW, I think Andy Naylor and Brian Owen both write pretty good match reports. They have to be a little safer in what they write, of course - they can't criticize the club too heavily if the need arises, call a ref a smug tosspot, or an opposition manager a fat scouse narcissist. I do try to be objective, but the remit [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] set out was always to write from a fan's perspective - if you left the game pissed off, chances are I did too, and that will come across.

I have a lot of time for these reports. Quite articulate and captivating. I take it with the written word you was learned proper

Well, I did get an A in my English language O-level, if that counts?

Good report ... and pleased to see that you agree with me that Bruno was MoM.

I'd forgotten about the new yellow card/penalty ruling too, thanks for pointing it out

Bruno was magnificent. He just gets better and better. The improvement from the 'sublime to ridiculous' Bruno that first arrived, is marked. He used to make a lot of daft mistakes. Seeing just how good he is now, my theory is that he found it SO easy when he arrived, that the errors all came from a lack of concentration. I've no idea how Gus persuaded him to come - he could have handled the Prem no problem.

As per the report, I'd also forgotten the new ruling, so credit to me lad, for that.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Great report. I thought Norwood had a very good game. A couple of moments, but on the whole he looked very comfortable on the ball and constantly made himself available to receive a pass.

Did anyone else think that the foul on Murray for the penalty started outside the box? I was convinced at the time, and seeing the highlights i've not seen anything to suggest otherwise. Not complaining mind you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here