Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Let's talk about an "away end" again

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'll go back to my original post on this, if we are prepared to dish it out we have to be prepared to take it unless it is grossly offensive and then just ban them and that should apply to what we do as well. It seems an unnecessary overhead to me but what do as I know as apparently another poster has confined me to the thicko group.

Except we’re dishing it out to Palace on an Albion forum to an Albion audience; the raver dished out on an away forum, after not having posted for months, and starting a new thread to do so.

I think Bozza got the ban right, and the other Palace fans who post less provocatively continue to be able to post.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hi..........if you want your unpleasant neighbour to walk in your lounge, crap on the floor and calmly walk out with impunity, then crack on. Whatever floats your boat.

I note that most of those advocating that they remain are nowhere to be seen when these "valuable" away posters put their "bantz" on here......but I suppose they wouldn't be if they,re submissive.

Personally, I just don't feed the trolls, sometimes I will bite, but mostly I don't post to a thread I would prefer wasn't there, because it helps keeps it at the top of the board.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Leave well alone.

Any silliness should be dealt with as it comes up. If someone oversteps the mark then delete thread and ban.

Same as ever.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bozza,

That link appears wrong?

I have only started posting of late, having been advised not to bother by various mates due to in-fighting, one way discussions etc. However, I decided to give it a go some 4 years or so after registering.

Well, I was called a Palaaarse sleeper in the last week, someone who don't know the Brighton area well ( my 1st home game was in 1970), a bed wetter, a pantie pooper all based on trying to discuss some of the issues effecting our season currently.

I will add that all football forums are similar in my experience, the same defensive guns are fired at Chelsea for example, if you do not tow the party line.

In short people need to grow up and talk to people they don't actually know, in a nicer manner, no-one in their right mind would say things to people in a bar that they say on these forums, or they wouldn't be standing for long, and that is generally good advice that has come from other forums when these people (keyboard warriors) have been challenged.

To be fair mate, suggesting Tony Bloom should be ousted and new wealthier owners sought, as you did, is going to get you some stick.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
To be fair mate, suggesting Tony Bloom should be ousted and new wealthier owners sought, as you did, is going to get you some stick.

Fair enough, but my real point was that NOW is Albion's time - if Mr Bloom cannot manage it then he should seek investors or even step aside as Dick did, I fear for the club if they don't stay up!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Except we’re dishing it out to Palace on an Albion forum to an Albion audience; the raver dished out on an away forum, after not having posted for months, and starting a new thread to do so.

I think Bozza got the ban right, and the other Palace fans who post less provocatively continue to be able to post.

Exactly. The Raver contributes nothing whatsoever, except to laud it on here when his team is winning. When they're not, he's absolutely nowhere to be seen. Glad he's fcked off permanently, and happy to have on here people like TypicalPalace, SE20, Dougie, Del Fenner and all the other NigeIs who DO make a contribution to this board.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
One of the things I enjoy most about NSC is that there is, literally, one "Big Board" where everything is posted. There is also a very wide demographic of poster - including away fans. Off the top of my head, we regularly have contributions from fans of Aldershot Town, Burnley, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Derby County, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday......and, of course, Palace. It has helped make NSC what it is, over the years.

Anything which disrupts that would, in my humble opinion, be detrimental to the NSC experience.

Of course, if a poster - any poster - starts being offensive or acting like a pillock, they risk getting themselves banned. But simply posting "banter", in and of itself, shouldn't fall into that category.

Twenty years ago the supporters of the Albion simply refused to allow this club to die; they rose up and through strength of character, spirit, perseverance, humour, creativity and imagination sowed the seeds for this wonderful club to make its way back to the top flight (with amazing facilities to boot). It disappoints me that, after everything we've been through, we now seem to have turned into something that we would have laughed at all those years ago: a bunch of entitled moaners who can't handle a bit of gentle ribbing from our rivals despite the fact we've been handing it out for the last 5 months.

Leave it be, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Well said that man!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
'Snowflake' really is this years go-to Hipster word for people with limited vocabularies, isn't it.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No leave it as it is. I like the palace fans who come on here, it balances the force.

Or something.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Fair enough, but my real point was that NOW is Albion's time - if Mr Bloom cannot manage it then he should seek investors or even step aside as Dick did, I fear for the club if they don't stay up!

Please get rid of this clown?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Leave it as it is.A broad church,with good moderation,shows how tolerant we are.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Leave as is. We're not as childish as the BBS.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have only seen trouble break out with the Palace scum. Fans of other teams that visit NSC have usually been pretty well behaved and there have been pleasant discussions with many of them.

I'm happy to keep things as they are. I'm sure we are more than capable of dealing with postcode boy and his cronies.

EXCEPT!! When I go on the Palace forums I am not allowed to read more than a couple of posts without registering, which I don't want to do, and if I did I would be dumped in their restricted area. So should we treat them like they treat us? Or should we again demonstrate that we are a class above? I prefer the latter.

(Caveat! If the Palace scum are proving by their petty childish behaviour that they are a drain on modding resources, and they are just more trouble than they are worth, then I would have no issues with them being kettled in an away end).

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Leave it as it is, Most of the away fans are a good addition to the site! those that complain about a couple of palace trolls are far to precious.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
You got something to tell us?

Its a genuine question to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] or others.. Are there enough fans posting on NSC that warrant changing how it works. I don't see that many posting and those that do (see recent post from Sheff Weds poster) often kick off interesting threads or have interesting insights into other players etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here