Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our complete list of transfer targets

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is a good summary of all the Prem League transfer activity so far.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ansfers-club-by-club-deals-targets-departures

Little sign outside of Everton and Huddersfield of the frenzy that we imagine is going on elsewhere but NOT HERE.

Oh, come on... Huddersfield NEED to make good signings just to have a chance, so do we, and you can throw Newcastle in that group too... Hudds have stolen a march on us... what Everton do is relatively unimportant to us...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
... what Everton do is relatively unimportant to us...

What Everton and the top 6-8 do is acutely important to us because their early activity and money flowing in and out enables them to make decisions about young loanees, selling fringe squad players, and doing business with er, us.

Although Albion are clearly scouting the big Euro leagues looking for value too. (the activity of that top 8 sometimes frees up players there too)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All we need to do is be the fourth poorest team in the With the team spirit and the couple of signing we have made is it enough?
Quite possibly yes - but to aim for 4th. bottom would be a very poor strategy. It would be a disaster if you almost succeeded!
So yes, we may just have enough - but don't want to go down that very risky road, thank you!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Quite possibly yes - but to aim for 4th. bottom would be a very poor strategy. It would be a disaster if you almost succeeded!
So yes, we may just have enough - but don't want to go down that very risky road, thank you!

At the moment we are aiming for relegation.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ffs. What bollox. Got a link to a quote from TB, PB or CH saying we're aiming to go down, have you? Or about planning for the Championship in 2018-19?No - thought not.

If I didn't detest that awful word 'bedwetter' so much, I'd use it on you!

The squad as it stands at the moment will struggle.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
While I agree [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION] is being overly negative, it would be nice to have a little bit more business being concluded. I've no doubt the club are working extremely hard at achieving this. I am fully looking forward to the slightly tongue in cheek 'it's only July', 'it's only August', 'it's only September' replies - I do enjoy those.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Then why didn't you say that instead of spouting some stupid twaddle about us aiming for relegation?

It's was a sort of tongue in cheek comment as I'm told this time and time again by the armchair Manure, Chelski, Arse and Spurs fans to name a few. Just find its best to just nod and then say at least I watch them live and not on TV

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's was a sort of tongue in cheek comment as I'm told this time and time again by the armchair Manure, Chelski, Arse and Spurs fans to name a few. Just find its best to just nod and then say at least I watch them live and not on TV
So why do you think armchair Manure, Chelski, Arse and Spurs fans know what we're aiming to do? Better to ask them if they've heard of us rather than how well they think we'll do!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
My only concern is that I fear we can't wait until the end of the transfer window as we have done in seasons gone. We have three games in August, two of those are away games that I fancy us to sneak at least couple of points in so we need to be up to strength before the season starts.

Not saying we won't do that but if we do wait until the last minute we could have a squad that isn't properly gelled and fully firing until the end of September and our September is VERY easy by Premier League standards.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This squad as it stands will defo get relegated.....

We have no idea though do we?

The bulk of Albion's players have never really had much of a chance to prove themselves in the Premiership so we simply have no clue whether they will perform. The fact that the team was pretty tight last season and they are used to each other's games is very important in my view. It could very well be the likes of Stephens, Knockaert, Dunk, Baldock etc could be top quality but we haven't found out yet.

Rather than buying average Premiership players who could disrupt the team, I'd rather we kept the core of last years side together and add to the overall strength when it makes playing and economic sense.

It's the depth of the squad we need to address more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The squad as it stands at the moment will struggle.
There is a long way to go in the recruitment strategy.

I am sure we would like to have completed all our transfer business before the training camp but that will never happen.
Agents advise their clients to hold on in case there is a better offer.

I am also sure we will strengthen the squad further before
1:- The season starts
and
2:- The window closes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here