Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's best ever header of a ball

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In my time watching the Albion, I can't split Cullip and Duffy for the defenders. Only just ahead of The Hawk mind you!

Murray closely followed by Ulloa up front. I'm surprised you go for Hemed ahead of Murray, I think Murray is far superior in the air.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Colin Hawkins has got to be right up there, always a danger in both boxes. Remember against someone at home he headed a goal kick right back to their keeper.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not sure if anyone has mentioned Joe Gatting yet.

Amongst his other attributes he was exceptionally strong in the air. Header against Chelsea was probably the best scored at Withdean.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Fozzie cheated, his power came from his headband.

Andy Rollings was great in the day. (with Steve Govier and Ian Mellor - Brighton's greatest ever triple signing)

Gary O'Reilly was a strong & tenacious header of the ball.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Better player, definitely, but in the air Fozzie every time. Lawrenson’s immense ability was based largely on his ability on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he was also better in the air he cleared everything, fozzy actually had problems heading the ball hence the headband to help him.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
For me forward wise only 1 contender Alec Dawson,defenders close call between john Napier and Duffy,certainly in last 30 years or so cant think of anybody better than Duffyt

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I've seen many generations of Brighton players, and have been fortunate to see the likes of Foster, Young (all 3 - Willie, Alan and Eric), Sammy Nelson, Keith Dublin, Doug Rougvie, Danny Cullip, Nicky Bissett, Chris Cattlin, Martin Chivers, Derek Allan, Gary Hobson, Colin Pates, Paul Clark, Teddy Maybank, Andy Rollings, Neil Mellor, Hans Kraay, Gary O'Reilly, Larry May, Stefan Iovan, plus the modern crop.... but I don't think I've ever been soooo impressed by anyone's heading ability, it terms of raw power, dominance and the ability to head the ball a ****ing long way was

Shane Duffy

@hans kraay fan club :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In my time watching the Albion, I can't split Cullip and Duffy for the defenders. Only just ahead of The Hawk mind you!

Murray closely followed by Ulloa up front. I'm surprised you go for Hemed ahead of Murray, I think Murray is far superior in the air.
Murray and Ulloa were exceptional in the air.
Lots of people going for Duffy. He was brilliant at winning headers. He got some luck in our PL2 season and scored a fair few goals, but that was the exception rather than the rule. The direction of most of his headers was dire. He was very good at winning the ball and giving it straight back to the opposition. Dunk, on the other hand, ...

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not the best header of a ball, but possibly the worst:

Locadia, the attacker who was scared to head the ball. That's a bit fundamental. Like a taxi driver without a driving licence.

el punal

For me forward wise only 1 contender Alec Dawson,defenders close call between john Napier and Duffy,certainly in last 30 years or so cant think of anybody better than Duffyt
Alex Dawson was certainly good with his head . . . . and his chest, his shoulders and other parts of his body. The ball would fly into the net, along with the opposition goalie and anything else that stood in his way. :bowdown:

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
20231119_150623.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here