Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How big a gulf in class is there between the top championship sides and the PL also-rans?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd be reasonably confident of beating every Championship club with our first choice team.

Promotion allows you to sign players like Propper and Gross who wouldn't look at a second division team. There is a gap.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'd be reasonably confident of beating every Championship club with our first choice team.

Promotion allows you to sign players like Propper and Gross who wouldn't look at a second division team. There is a gap.

Exactly this. Saying us and Hudds are doing fine and therefore there is no gap is incredibly flawed. We’ve got 5 new starters and Huddersfield have more. Our side last year wouldn’t be in the position we are now.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How dull would that eventually become!

i think there would be enough distractions - FA Cup, Europa cup, can we get to 6th or 5th can we go through a season not losing at home, winning all games at home ..

I am 61 so my forever might be shorter than yours.....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Exactly this. Saying us and Hudds are doing fine and therefore there is no gap is incredibly flawed. We’ve got 5 new starters and Huddersfield have more. Our side last year wouldn’t be in the position we are now.

I never said there was no gap. Just that I think the size of the gap is not as huge as the pundits describe. And yes, we have 5 new starters but there's really only 3 new outfield players so, as I said, a backbone of players who were with us in the Championship. I also think that consideration does need to be given to how relegated PL sides fare in the Championship. Newcastle for instance, kept pretty much all of their squad and manager but they hardly ran away with the Championship last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here