Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home kit from the club shop

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This.

Extend the use of the current shirt for an additional season (single season shirts are wholly unacceptable anyway, IMO), so that the people still waiting don't walk away thinking "What's the point in buying a shirt now, that's going to be replaced after about ten (home) matches", and so that they can confidently re-stock in decent volume, which next summer's demand in mind.

I don't like this shirt much, I got one for my daughter but not for myself, hoping for a different style for next year f we stay up. They clearly have made a lot of money off these shirts anyway, a great volume sold, and they'll do the same next year with a better understanding of sales volume

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What's all this talk of the shirt only lasting one season? Have the club said this? It should be two seasons as per every other season.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's all this talk of the shirt only lasting one season? Have the club said this? It should be two seasons as per every other season.

It's a one-year kit.

1. Described as 17/18 on Seagulls Direct.

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 14.02.31.png

2. From an email from PB to me (apologies if I excluded this before - it wasn't intentional):

"We have already made our design decisions for next season and we will very soon need to (contractually) commit to initial order numbers for summer 2018 as manufacturing capacity is locked in very early, and the manufacture to delivery times are long (especially for the summer when demand for all clubs is at its highest)."

3. From PB's email to me (which was part of what I'd shared, I believe):

"And it simply doesn’t work to order infinite numbers of shirts as any financial benefit to the club is wiped away if the additional shirts are not sold by Christmas."

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What you need to wear to a football match this time of year is a decent warm coat.
An overpriced nylon t shirt is going to keep you warm. :)

Hard to disagree with that. Although l proudly wear the stripes, (last year's version), and a club sweatshirt, the vagaries of the British weather, means I inevitably wear a coat over the top of them anyway, so they arent in view. The only clue l'm an Albion fan is my scarf.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's a one-year kit.

A one-year kit that's only going to be on sale for just over half a season. Wow. Just wow. Its worse than I thought then.

How many will want to lash out on a brand new shirt, that's going to be superceded just a few months later. And if they're talking "limited numbers" in the November batch (whenever THAT may arrive), then these shirts are going to be rarer than hens teeth. Utter fiasco.

I was in the market for one back in the summer, although I haven't bought a current home shirt since about 2004. I assumed at SOME point in August I'd be able to saunter into the club shop and pick one up. Now though ? When they're doing another one next summer ? Pfff. What a crock.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A one-year kit that's only going to be on sale for just over half a season. Wow. Just wow. Its worse than I thought then.

How many will want to lash out on a brand new shirt, that's going to be superceded just a few months later. And if they're talking "limited numbers" in the November batch (whenever THAT may arrive), then these shirts are going to be rarer than hens teeth. Utter fiasco.

I was in the market for one back in the summer, although I haven't bought a current home shirt since about 2004. I assumed at SOME point in August I'd be able to saunter into the club shop and pick one up. Now though ? When they're doing another one next summer ? Pfff. What a crock.

Get your pre-order in for the 18/19 shirt NOW.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Get your pre-order in for the 18/19 shirt NOW.

Not a bad shout.

Fing is, I could've pre-ordered this years. But (1) I wasn't THAT desperate for it, and (2), I like to try before I buy. I made the IDIOTIC assumption that after the initial bunfight at the City game, there'd be some more coming in a few weeks later.

*slaps forehead*

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not a bad shout.
Fing is, I could've pre-ordered this years. But (1) I wasn't THAT desperate for it, and (2), I like to try before I buy. I made the IDIOTIC assumption that after the initial bunfight at the City game, there'd be some more coming in a few weeks later.
*slaps forehead*

That was pretty much my thought process too (not sure if I should be concerned about that). I've even tried to spend money on other stuff in the club shop but the leisure wear is just terrible.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So Barber has written another essay of spin which can be summarised in 5 words.

The club underestimated the demand.

Simple as that really. Who'd have thought it? The bloke really is a tit sometimes when a bit of criticism comes their way. Yes - we can all see that sales have exceeded expectations, but to be tied into a deal and a situation where we have had no kits on sale for 3 of the first 4 months of our first Premier League campaign is an absolutely shambolic situation, with only seemingly a small batch to arrive before Christmas.

It may not be through lack of trying or individual blame, but the holistic situation is an disgrace, however many sentences he puts together about record sales and exceptional drmand.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

He is a prize bellend at times.

You totally underestimated the demand and this has resulted in our "customers" not being able to get a kit for 5 months.

Spin spin spin.

The fake kit sellers are the winners here

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hard to disagree with that. Although l proudly wear the stripes, (last year's version), and a club sweatshirt, the vagaries of the British weather, means I inevitably wear a coat over the top of them anyway, so they arent in view. The only clue l'm an Albion fan is my scarf.

Fair enough.
I do wonder why some fans wear a football shirt over the top of a hoodie or a jumper when it's cold, I've seen some people looking like they are wearing several layers under a football shirt.

I did see someone outside Withdean, this was on one of those evenings when it was pouring with rain, he was wearing full waterproofs with an Albion shirt OVER his raincoat :wozza:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He is a prize bellend at times.

You totally underestimated the demand and this has resulted in our "customers" not being able to get a kit for 5 months.

Spin spin spin.

The fake kit sellers are the winners here

Actually, that’s an excellent point. How is it that fake kit manufacturers are able to make Albion shirts while Nike, with access to sweatshops and underage labour worldwide, are not?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Home kit now in stock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here