Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk's low driving cross-field pass

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Three passes on this very thread that go some way to explaining why he'll be in the England squad for the World Cup. All three passes are in the same class as the one from Frank de Boer to Dennis Bergkamp when the Dutch beat Argentina in the world cup. This one:

[yt]XsZkCFoqSBs[/yt]

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Have to agree with larus, word for word basically.

10 goals in 10 games isn't terrible, but it's on the light side - only the 3 relegated teams scored a goal per game or less last season.
On that basis then half the league is underachieving this season so far......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
That pass with the outside of his boot last season at Sheff Weds (?) to set up Baldock (?) and his goal was an absolute peach and my all-time favourite long ball pass from Dunk*.

*apologies for the vagueness. I'm never any good at recalling specific matches or who scored what.

I literally can't stop making Dunk gifs.

7j8mk_2.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have to agree with larus, word for word basically.

10 goals in 10 games isn't terrible, but it's on the light side - only the 3 relegated teams scored a goal per game or less last season.

Yes but you also need to look at goals conceded. We're averaging just over a goal a game there (agree we need a few more though) - Liverpool finished 4th last season with a similar ratio (42), and Arsenal 5th (44). If we continue to maintain a more or less neutral GD, closest to that last year were Southampton (-7) and West Brom (-8) - who finished 8th and 10th respectively (scoring 41 & 43 - so also similar to our scoring rate). Best of the bottom 3 were Boro on -26, scoring 27 and conceding 53. Genuinely don't see our GD looking anything like that with the defence we have.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On that basis then half the league is underachieving this season so far......
I think that's about right, some decent teams have shocked us with how poorly they've started the season.

Given that we weren't able to bring in the striker we'd hoped for, we've done pretty well and 10 goals isn't bad. Don't you agree that our team is based on team ethic, organisation and a solid defence though?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think that's about right, some decent teams have shocked us with how poorly they've started the season.

Given that we weren't able to bring in the striker we'd hoped for, we've done pretty well and 10 goals isn't bad. Don't you agree that our team is based on team ethic, organisation and a solid defence though?
Totally agree with last sentence but i don't think we need to up our goals scored comparitively to goals conceded at the moment.

On the other hand I'm slightly concerned with how little we create ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That was larus's point (that we're built on a solid denfence), which I was agreeing with.
We've played 10, scored 10.

Cool - I meant we're conceding just over a goal a game (11 in 10)....so currently heading towards a season end GD of about -5........

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Totally agree with last sentence but i don't think we need to up our goals scored comparitively to goals conceded at the moment.
I'd be more than happy with -4 at the end of the season.

It seems you're basically agreeing with what larus said too.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Looking at the way Southampton play and where they are in the league, I don't worry about goal-scoring opportunities as much.

One thing that I think might be a factor come the January transfer window is that we will be a much more attractive proposition for a striker looking to join us than we were in August. We've shown that we can hold our own in this league and also that we have plenty of players who can provide the passes and crosses for an out-and-out striker.

Maybe, just maybe not signing a striker earlier this year could turn out to be a blessing in disguise in the long run.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd be more than happy with -4 at the end of the season.

It seems you're basically agreeing with what larus said too.

Only had a quick flick back but couldn't see a team relegated with a GD of better than -17 in the last 20 years, and most have been well over -20

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One thing that I think might be a factor come the January transfer window is that we will be a much more attractive proposition for a striker looking to join us than we were in August.
As long as we can keep going as we have, there's a long way to go between now and then.

Marc Vaughan

Oct 30, 2017

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here