Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unblurring a photo

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Is there an easy way with software to unblur a pic taken on my iPhone?
I know nothing about photo editing

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Not sure if there is an option on iphone to specify which format images are taken in......if there is it really depends what setting you have and how much data the photo has basically taken. Obv with Digital camera if you shoot in RAW you get all the info which then can be played with in software such as Lightroom or Photoshop.

If you want you can PM me and then email over the photo as a file and I can sling it in Lightroom and see what happens! Im no pro btw but do have the software!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is there an easy way with software to unblur a pic taken on my iPhone?
Not really. I assume it's motion blur, and reasonably bad?
If you want you can PM me and then email over the photo as a file and I can sling it in Lightroom and see what happens!
Lightroom isn't particularly suitable for that sort of thing. I have a program that is, but it's still not a miracle worker.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Not really. I assume it's motion blur, and reasonably bad?
Lightroom isn't particularly suitable for that sort of thing. I have a program that is, but it's still not a miracle worker.

couldnt it be slightly out of focus blur? LR sharpening and few other bits might help! As said not an expert and was just offering to try and sling it in LR/PS and see what can do!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
couldnt it be slightly out of focus blur?
Yes it can, or it could be both. With an iPhone though, the depth of field is usually large, so most blurry pictures will be from motion blur (of the camera or subject). But yes, it could be either or both.
LR sharpening and few other bits might help!
If you have an image which is a bit soft (as opposed to really sharp) due to motion or focus, sharpening can add a little definition to edges to help disguise the problem. But my guess is that he hasn't started a thread because it's a bit soft, I imagine it's quite bad.

As said not an expert and was just offering to try and sling it in LR/PS and see what can do!
Yeah I know, I'm not wanting to piss on your fire or anything. You didn't mention PS, you can do a lot more there than in LR.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Yes it can, or it could be both. With an iPhone though, the depth of field is usually large, so most blurry pictures will be from motion blur (of the camera or subject). But yes, it could be either or both.
If you have an image which is a bit soft (as opposed to really sharp) due to motion or focus, sharpening can add a little definition to edges to help disguise the problem. But my guess is that he hasn't started a thread because it's a bit soft, I imagine it's quite bad.

Yeah I know, I'm not wanting to piss on your fire or anything. You didn't mention PS, you can do a lot more there than in LR.

Yeah no worries......got both just didnt want to confuse matters!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Your best best: sharpen; make black & white.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here