Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There seem to be a lot of Palace followers, (fans?), on this board.

They know who is playing well, who badly, how many goals they’ve scored, what games are coming up, who they’ve played already, upcoming fixtures, attendances, facilities and internal politics and finances.

I don’t get it.

This.

And a lot of them seem to spend a lot of time watching Brighton. Weird.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Their next 5 games,
Everton away
Arsenal home
Chelsea away
Spurs home
Manchester United away

Not easy at all, could be going into December on less than 10 points.
This is palace, you know they will beat Arsenal and Chelsea and maybe a draw with Spurs to get themselves out the sh8t. In fact I might as well make some money out of it and place the treble.

Remember when we thought they were dead and burried with 4 of their last 5 games against top 6, the season we were promoted, and they manage to worm their way out.

I do take comfort in knowing that there is only so much luck they can have (on and off the field) before the inevitable trap door opens. Every season since coming up they have flirted with the trap door. All that money spent and you could say that they've actually gone backwards.

*Cough* Murray > Barnteke*Cough*

Yea, he got them promoted, 5 years before us, but are they 5 years ahead of us?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So if I don’t spend hours digging into what’s happening at Palace then I shouldn’t comment.

You can have rivals without being obsessed about them.

This.

And a lot of them seem to spend a lot of time watching Brighton. Weird.

I don't spend massive amounts of time looking at palace's various travails but I do enjoy reading some of the more amusing failures they experience.

I would imagine if one were to compare political rivalry, that most people who support one party, know a fair bit about another. Otherwise the lefties on here wouldn't be so bothered about Boris' latest escapade, and the right-wingers wouldn't be mithering on about momentum. There's nothing wrong with knowing stuff, as Sun Tzu said 'know your enemy'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't spend massive amounts of time looking at palace's various travails but I do enjoy reading some of the more amusing failures they experience.

I would imagine if one were to compare political rivalry, that most people who support one party, know a fair bit about another. Otherwise the lefties on here wouldn't be so bothered about Boris' latest escapade, and the right-wingers wouldn't be mithering on about momentum. There's nothing wrong with knowing stuff, as Sun Tzu said 'know your enemy'.

They will finish above us, more than likely. I like a good laugh at them of course, but how many new threads on them do we need?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wrong thread! Sorry..

Yes, I have just cottoned on to him as well. Look at Creaky's posts. About half are about politics, about half football and about half the footie ones are regarding palace. I smell something. Most of his palace quotes are sticking up for their fans and especially Zaha. He's been rumbled.

Why wrong thread? Seems like the right one to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps their internet is down?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes, I have just cottoned on to him as well. Look at Creaky's posts. About half are about politics, about half football and about half the footie ones are regarding palace. I smell something. Most of his palace quotes are sticking up for their fans and especially Zaha. He's been rumbled.

Why wrong thread? Seems like the right one to me.
I was trying to quote that post onto the Bournemouth thread where he's slagging off our finances. Got it wrong first go as using Tapatalk on my phone. Doh!

But yes, he reeks of Palace.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They will finish above us, more than likely. I like a good laugh at them of course, but how many new threads on them do we need?

I don't mind the CP threads, but I wish the mods would actively merge them into one.

On Everton's grandoldteam forum, they have single running threads about Liverpool or Man Utd, etc. (running to 10,000's of very bitter posts :lol: )

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't mind the CP threads, but I wish the mods would actively merge them into one.

On Everton's grandoldteam forum, they have single running threads about Liverpool or Man Utd, etc. (running to 10,000's of very bitter posts [emoji38] )
Pretty much what I wrote yesterday. I like slagging palace off but one thread would be a big improvement.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I was trying to quote that post onto the Bournemouth thread where he's slagging off our finances. Got it wrong first go as using Tapatalk on my phone. Doh!

But yes, he reeks of Palace.

I guess now I’ve been rumbled I can take down that darned signed shirt and flags by the TV in the man shed - at last!

3BAB36C8-D7AB-455F-BF2F-38C1BE2DAB82.jpeg

FF1B4359-7615-4351-84F7-FA2C0F76BAB4.jpeg

Attachments

• B9EA566F-8A65-4AD4-AF89-AB3EE3E7A879.jpeg
    B9EA566F-8A65-4AD4-AF89-AB3EE3E7A879.jpeg
    577.1 KB · Views: 322

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As you are watching Newsnight [MENTION=27275]Creaky[/MENTION], stay on BBC2 for the documentary on next about the day RBS went bust in 2008. It looks like a cracker and the reviews are brilliant.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I guess now I’ve been rumbled I can take down that darned signed shirt and flags by the TV in the man shed - at last!

View attachment 101145

View attachment 101146
As I said, you probably just need to do a bit more research on what you're talking about then.

Complaining about people slagging off Palace and then getting everything wrong about Bloom and our finances isn't a good look.

I think I've said sorry about five times already but.... Sorry.

You're not Palace you're just an extremely badly informed person. Let's leave it at that. X

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're not Palace you're just an extremely badly informed person. Let's leave it at that. X
I suddenly feel that myself and [MENTION=27275]Creaky[/MENTION] are kindred spirits, I can't think why?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, wasn't meant to be bitchy - I've no idea how old they are or whether they live with others or not, it was just that the pictures above looked a bit 'bachelor' like :)

:lolol: you may be right though, this old man’s wife would have a meltdown if I had Albion related shirts etc hanging in our house. Maybe I’m just “an under the thumb” old man. Although in fairness I never get any hassle when I go to games, just memorablia in the house is a no no

My other half is totally meh about football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here