Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Meyer to sign for Palace

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Did some digging. Found several sites have made the same mistake, inc goal.com.

It's due to a captioning error by the photographer at Getty Images during England v Germany, November 2017.

Still bloody embarrassing though. Don't worry I'm going down there with my Polaroid.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I don't think this thread will reach the proportions of the wilf thread but it's made a bloody good start .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ended up on a train full of the twats and loads of them have Meyer on their shirts. For that reason I hope he’s a flop. Although with some clever scissor work they could rearrange it to Ayew I guess

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ended up on a train full of the twats and loads of them have Meyer on their shirts. For that reason I hope he’s a flop. Although with some clever scissor work they could rearrange it to Ayew I guess
That's brilliant. What a bunch of *****!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

If Palace don't know what he looks like, perhaps they're hoping to get a game?

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Never mind Meyer, but how on earth did Palace manage to hang on to Zaha this window?..judging by the media, he obviously fancies a move to a big London club. I just hope he sulks and plays for a January move to Chelsea or Spurs.

Meyer reportedly on insane wages - presumably Zaha is being paid even more just to stay put?

Meyer's wage probably the same as 3 or 4 BFC players in total.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Never mind Meyer, but how on earth did Palace manage to hang on to Zaha this window?..judging by the media, he obviously fancies a move to a big London club. I just hope he sulks and plays for a January move to Chelsea or Spurs.

Meyer reportedly on insane wages - presumably Zaha is being paid even more just to stay put?

Meyer's wage probably the same as 3 or 4 BFC players in total.
Because Palace value Zaha way more highly than any other club. They think he's worth £70m+ when in reality nobody will pay anywhere near that.

In fairness, he's worth that to them. Not because he's that good, but because their mentality has become so centred around him that they need him to stay or they will crumble.

He clearly wants to go but unfortunately for him, nobody will pay the ridiculous fee that Palace are asking for him. His refusal to sign a new contract means that his value (actual and imaginary Palace version) will only decrease though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought he was their best player tonight, might be enfant terrible but there was some desire and quality in his play just as well the other 10 players didn't give a toss

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I thought he was their best player tonight, might be enfant terrible but there was some desire and quality in his play just as well the other 10 players didn't give a toss

I was thinking poor man's Jack Wilshere (which is saying something). A few decent touches, a few needless pops at our players 'to show how much he wants it' and little else.

Mind you, it must be hard for a creative midfielder to look good when the team's only instruction is to boot it to Zaha.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It really is a mystery how Palace have survived considering the eye watering horrific sums they have spunked on awful players. But there they are, still comfortably doing enough year in year out.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It really is a mystery how Palace have survived considering the eye watering horrific sums they have spunked on awful players. But there they are, still comfortably doing enough year in year out.
Not comfortably. They made a massive loss in their last accounts, only offset by selling ****-Bissaka to Man United.

They borrow £40m each year against future TV money and then roll it over.

They've spent the money that the Yanks put in and there is zero "ringfenced" cash for improving their crumbling hovel.

Without finding another player to sell for a massively overpriced fee every year. They are financially ruined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here